Chapter 16

After Adam's training me and Blake headed home. We bonded pretty well and I was glad that he would be my step brother instead of some random boy I barely knew.

Blake seemed to have been getting a long with the boys which I'm happy about. But Adam, is being a little four year old and is holding a grudge on him. So much for saying 'I promise I'll try to be nice to him'. I snorted at the thought.

Be nice my ass. Blake's left eyebrow was up while giving me a confused look. I waved my hand, telling him it was nothing then stared straight ahead. I sighed when I noticed my house coming in to view.

I really didn't know what to say to my mother. Why would she lie about going to a business trip? No, why didn't she even tell me that she was seeing someone? Why would she lie?

All these question's made me furious. My hands turned into fists as my jaw clenched.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

I did as I said and shut my eyes tightly. When I opened them, I saw my garage which means we were parked in my driveway. I unbuckled my seat belt and got out of the car. I slammed the door making me flinch from the loud sound it made.

"Geez, someone's in a bad mood," Blake said, with a hint of amusement in his tone. I didn't respond, instead I just walked right to the front door.

I took out my keys from my pocket and unlocked the front door. I walked in casually with Blake behind me. I shut the door and was about to yell 'Mom I'm home', but stopped when I heard giggling and laughing from upstairs.

Me and Blake both froze in our spots. We both looked at each other wide eyed, then shivered in disgust. They were probably doing the dirty deeds while we were gone. Yuck!

I sighed knowing that I wasn't going to be speaking to my mother tonight. Wonderful, note the sarcasm.

I said my good night to Blake then went to my bedroom. When I got there I shut my door and decided to take a shower.

--------

I was now laying in bed staring at the ceiling, while listening to music. My foot tapped on my bed to the beat of the song. I hummed and shut my eyes, drowning in the music.

My music suddenly went quieter and my ring tone was blasting through my head phones. I hissed and pulled my earphones out from my phone and rubbed my ears.

I looked at my phones screen to see Adam's name planted on the screen. I quickly pressed the answer button and placed my phone on my ear.

"Hey love," I said.

"Hi beautiful, how are you?"

"I'm doing good, what about you?"

"Oh nothing, just missing you is all." I smiled at his choice of words. So cheesy.

"You know you are so cheesy, it's actually hilarious," I said. Adam huffed, then chuckled.

"Only for you baby." I burst out laughing but clamped my hand over my mouth to control it. Everyone was sleeping and I did not want to wake them up. Especially my mom, she's murderous when someone ruins her beauty sleep.

When I finally controlled my laughter, I just smiled and said, "You are something else Adam Cash."

It was silent for a few minutes. It was almost like he was right here with me. Just enjoying the comfortable silence.
But Adam finally cut the silence.

"I'm coming over." My eyes widened.

"No Adam, are you crazy!"

"No, is it my fault that I want to be with you right now?" Adam said. I groaned in frustration but blushed at his words. I wanted him here to but it's already dark outside.

"Adam, its 12:00 am! It's dark outside." I heard the roar of an engine and knew Adam was already in his car.

"And exactly why should that stop me from seeing you?"

I kept quiet not knowing what to say. Adam taking my silence as an answer said, "Exactly, see you in five." Then hung up. Well then. . .

.

.

.

.

.

My bedroom door creaked open and Adam's head popped through it with a smirk planted on his face. I shook my head and smiled. Adam shut the door quietly then ran to my bed and jumped right on top of me.

I groaned and said, "Adam. . Can't . . Breath!" Adam slipped off me but held onto my waist. He pushed me towards him so my back was touching his chest. I snuggled closer because of his warmth, which he caught on to and held me tighter.

My eyes fluttered shut and I waited for sleep to take over.

"Hey Emma?"

"Yah?" I said.

"Do you ever think about us together in the future, maybe even married with kids?"

I smiled at his question.

"No not really, but now that I think about that i would love a future with you in it."

Adam cleared his throat and stood up from my bed making me miss his warmth. I frowned when I saw him staring at me very seriously.

"Adam are you okay, what's wrong?" I asked.

Adam sighed and took something out from his pocket. It was a deep blue coloured box. My eyed widened. He can't be serious.

"Emma I-"

"Adam are you crazy! I can not marry you right now!"

Adam chuckled and said, "Gosh, I love you Em. Just hear me out." I sat up on my bed and stared into his beautiful green eyes.

"First, of all this is not a wedding ring but it is a ring. A very special ring actually. It's a promise ring. Emma i want to be with you. Forever and ever. I want to grow old with you. No one else. I know we've been together for only 5 months but believe me when I say this. It feels like I've known you forever. If you take this ring it will mean that you will be with me forever. I promise to you that I will be with you forever. I know I will because I can barely stand not being with you."

"I want to always hold you in my arms. Kiss you ever every morning and kiss you good night. I know I did some stupid things in the past that hurt you and hurt me for hurting you, which I hate myself for. But, that was what made realized that I love you so much Em. That I can't bare seeing you in another mans arms. So what do you say Em, do you promise me?"

I stared at Adam in awe. That speech was breath taking. I can't believe he wants me to be his forever. I just want to jump up and down because I'm so happy. But, do I want to be his forever? Of, course I do! I smiled up at him and stood up from my bed. I cupped his face with my hands and pecked him on the lips.

"Yes," I said. "I want to be you're forever."

Adam smiled widely at me then opened the box. I gasped. It was so simple yet so beautiful. But at the same time it kind of confused me. It was a silver; thin ring. There was what seemed like an almost tied knot at the top.

"Its a 'knot' ring. It symbolizes that the knot is not quite tied yet, but has all intentions to."

My eyes were getting blurry with tears.

"I love it. Adam it's beautiful."

Adam smiled down at me and slipped the ring on my marriage finger. I stared at it in awe.

"I love you Emma Golding forever and always."

"Promise?"

"Promise," he said.

~~~~~~

A/N

IF YOU GUYS WANT TO SEE THE RING MESSAGE ME ON WATTPAD AND I'LL SEND IT TO YOU!

AHHHHHHHHH I PERSONALLY LOVE THIS CHAPTER! Did you guys? I hope you did. This book is almost over guys. Well not almost there is quite a few chapters but still!

Love,

Nosh