Chapter 17

SHOUTOUT TO monroe_x3 for all the votes! and love your books <3

-------------

"Five, six, seven, eight!" I said to myself. I was now at the dance studio. Dancing my heart out to any song that came shuffling through my music. My heart was drumming in my chest. I was panting, sweat trickling down my skin.

I was moving to a fast hip hop song. Not allowing myself to stop, even from the cramps I was getting in my ribs. I thought of everything going on in my life. From the day I met Adam, till now. All these emotions I was feeling were making me move smoothly with the music.

I would tut when I was frustrated. Dance elegantly when I was sad or happy. And crump when I was angry. Right now I was furious. I was angry towards my mother. She has been cowering away from me ever since she came back.

She knew I wanted answers from her. But, she was being immature and making excuses to stay away from me. I couldn't believe her. What ever she was not telling me, has to be something serious. What ever it is, I would make sure I would find out.

I was so lost in my thoughts I ended up tripping on my feet and landing on my butt. I hissed from the contact it made with the floor. I stood up care fully. Not wanting to hurt myself even more.

I slowly walked towards a corner where I placed my gym bag, phone, jacket, and water bottle. I bent down and chugged all the water down my throat. When I was done I gasped for air, breathing harshly. Loose strands of my hair were stuck on my forehead almost like glue from the sweat.

I sat down next to my gym bag and took a hold of my phone. I went through a bunch of social networks. Surfing through them and stopping every once in a while if something caught my eye.

While doing this, I got a text message from Blake asking me where I was. I sighed and told him I'll be there in a few minutes. Shutting off my phone, I got up and threw my jacket around me, zipping it up. I grabbed my gym bag and strapped it around my shoulder. Then, I got my my water bottle and phone placing each in one hand.

I walked out from the studio, breathing in the fresh air and started walking home.

.

.

.

.

"Hey Blake, where's my mom?" I asked him, just stepping into my house.

"I think she went to go run some errands. She should be back in half an hour," he said. I sighed and nodded my head. I started heading towards the stairs when I heard my name being called.

"Hey Emma," Blake said. "Yes?" I asked curiously.

"Can you come here for a second?" He asked. I didn't say anything. Instead I just walked back to the living room where he was. I sat on the brown leather couch. The coolness from the leather embracing me making me shiver in delight. I looked at Blake to see him starring at me. His eyebrows were scrunched together, while his eyes narrowed. His lips were pressed together firmly.

I stared at him in confusion, wondering why he was looking at me like that.

"So, what do you need?" I asked.

Blake looked at me for a few seconds until he cleared his throat and straightened his back.

Finally he said, "I wanted to ask you something."

I cocked an eyebrow as in telling him, what is it?

"Well, may I ask why Adam has been having these . . . trainings?"

I gulped loudly and stared at the floor. I didn't know if i should tell him about what was going on. Blake may be my step brother but, that didn't mean I could automatically trust him. I had to know if he was trust worthy enough. What if he told my mom? I was definitely not going to risk not being able to go to Italy for this race.