Chapter 3

Finally it was the end of the day and I would finally be able to just relax. Well after basball tryouts atleast.

I made my way to the back of the school's baseball field. Finally, baseball tryouts were happening. I have always loved basebalI. I always tried out and every year I made it. But, there was another girl who would also always make it.

Ashley.

Man, I hate her so much. She was no competition to me though. She was good but I think I play better.

As I was making my way to the field I saw Nick already sitting in the bleachers ready to cheer me on. Man, was I lucky to have a friend like him. 

"Hey, loser," I said. "Hey, girl who is so rude to her amazingly, wonderful best friend."

"Aha, yah whatever. So uh you ready to see me kick some butt."

"You make it every year Emma, I see you kick butt ALL THE TIME,” he said. "Hey, I didn’t know Adam was on the football team," he said.

"He is?" I asked surprised. 

"Yah, look turn around."

I turn my head towards the football field and saw all the sweaty football players. Sorry, I mean all the attractive football players. Gosh why did they have to be such pigs though?

As I eyed each and every single football player I finally saw Adam. He was staring at me. It kind of scared me but I couldn't help but stare back. He started making his way towards me still keeping eye contact, which was making my stomach do a bunch of flips.

As he was making his way towards me, someone jumped in front of him making our eye contact break. I suddenly let out a breath that I didn't notice I was holding in. I looked back to see who the person was and it was the one and only Ashley. She was smiling and laughing and so was he. A sting of pain hit me. I immediately turned towards Nick ignoring them. 

"I don't get why I have such bad luck," I said.

"I'm sure you don't have bad luck, maybe it’s just a sign that you guys weren't meant to be," He said.

"I know and I obviously get that but I don't get why it bothers me so much and he is such a nice guy."

"Maybe, he just doesn't want to be that type of guy everyone think is an asshole."

"Yah, your right. I should just forget about him." I said.

I turned to the side and saw all the football players making there way to the bleachers. Oh, no. Please tell me they aren't watching the girl’s baseball tryouts. They all made there way to the bleachers and I just saw them all looking at the girls, making it so obvious that they were talking about the girls. Ugh, pigs.

I saw Ashley sitting on Adam's lap and she was just staring at him. Ashley got up from his lap and was speaking clear enough for me to here. 

"All right, well I’m going to go make my way to the field. I expect you to cheer for me?" Ashley said to Adam.

"I will don't worry," he said to her. Ashley made her way down and was practicing some catches and some throws. 

"Well, I guess I should go to," I said to Nick. "Alright, make sure you kick Ash's butt. Okay!"

"Aha, okay."

"Good luck Emma!" Nick yelled while I was making my way to the field.

"Alright girls, were going to do the same thing we do every year," Coach Sale said.

"We will be going by the last names alright. First off Ally Amuck."

I watched the whole time waiting for my turn. I was last of course. I always was for some reason. There was not one girl on the team whose last name would pass the letter G. But, the worst part was Ashley was second last, which meant I had to stand behind her the whole time.