Chapter Twenty-Seven

__________________

Even at our fastest pace, it took us a day and a half to get to the Stiriae Palace. I was anxious about entering. Last time, they had thrown me into their icy dungeon. However, I did not have much of a choice. I entered the city, but this time, I had Liam and his sword by my side.

I caused an uproar at once.

"It's that human who escaped our dungeon!" a stiria said.

"This time, she won't escape!"

A few large stiria started towards me.

Liam stepped in front of me, drawing his sword.  "Let her speak!"

The stiria quieted. Perhaps it was because Liam made a frightening picture with fury in his eyes and his sword pointed at the crowd. Or perhaps it was because Urora started through the crowd, walking to me with a smile on her face. Whatever the reason, it was such a relief to me when they quieted.

"I am Evelin Fendway," I said loudly. "I am the Enchanta. I have gathered all of the races in the southwest corner of Havane. If you want the Enchantment to be broken, go south and find a small sailboat. That is where we will break the Enchantment."

"We do not have an Enchanter," declared a stiriae.

"Yes, you do." I nodded towards Urora. She formed a sphere of silver light in her hands and threw it upwards. It fell back down in silvery snowflakes.

The crowd gasped.

"Urora is your Enchanter," I said. "That is why she has visions. And I know one of her visions is correct. If you help break the Enchantment, your bloodline will be restored, and you will be able to have children again.

"We should," a member of the crowd announced. "What risk is there? Let's go try to break the Enchantment, and we'll be able to live freely again."

A cheer rose up, and the stiria left to pack their things.

I turned to Liam. "I believe our work here is done."

He nodded. "Let's go find those faerires." He sheathed his sword.

Urora came running and gave me a hug. "That was a nice display of magic back there," I told her.

Her blush was even more prominent on her pale cheeks. "Thank you. I've been practicing."

I ruffled her white-blond hair. "See you in a couple days, yes?"

She nodded eagerly. "I hope so!"

Her mother called for her to come pack. She waved to me and ran off.

"Let's go, Liam," I said.

We took off, following the direction of the mountain.

"This one will be hardest of all," I told Liam.

"Why?"

"Because the faeries are in the middle of a civil war."

"You climbed a mountain that contained faeries amongst a war?" he said, almost angrily. "What were you thinking?"

I held out my hands defensively. "I didn't know they were in war. And I found a friend who kept me safely within her cottage. She was neutral and didn't fight at all. The other faeries never even knew I was there. And then Spectra sent me to the shore of the Western Sea using her wind."

"Why didn't we just go to them first?" Liam asked. "Then, they could've sent us to the elves and the stiria quickly."

"Yes," I said. "But the faeries are farthest away, and the other stops were on our way. Also, the faeries will be able to send us back to the sailboat more quickly."