Chapter 1

Alisha's P.O.V

Beep

Beep

Beep

"Ugggghhhh" I groan. I turn off my stupid alarm clock and stare at it. 6 o'clock. School is in 3 hours. But I like to get there early so I can avoid "the populars". I get out of bed and head for the shower. I strip of my clothes and let the water consume me. I love showers! Oh I guess I should tell you about myself.

Well my name is Alisha Johnson. I'm 16 and 5 foot 1. Yes I know I'm short but I don't care. My dad is loving and so is my mom. However they can be a little rude, but they really don't care what I do as long as I'm safe. My brother, he is the best. He's a year older than me and honestly I can't ask for a better brother. He's protective over me but not over protective. Yes I'm a good girl and a nerd. I get really good grades. Never under an A-. Well other than gym in which I got a B+. I'm hoping to go to Harvard Medical University so I can leave this town. Oh right, I live in a little town in California. Don't get me wrong, I love it here, but I want to explore places! But I will always love the boiling heat and un sleep-able nights (can you hear the sarcasm?)!

I get out of the shower and put on some clothes. My first day of school outfit consist of a black dress that goes down just above my knees. It has a floral print with roses and its spaghetti strap. I slip on my black converse and I'm ready to go.

My hair and makeup is very natural. I curled my hair into loose waves that fall nicely against my back. My hair is long and brown. My eyes are hazel brown and my skin is pale but a little tanned. For eye shadow, I put in a light, shimmery, gold that blends in with my skin. Then I go ahead and do a winged liner. I put mascara on, and light red lipstick, and then I apply some lipgloss. I smile at myself in the mirror. I admit I'm not pretty, but I'm not ugly. Let's say I'm...decent; or acceptable. But I'm very insecure.

I sigh and rush downstairs. I make myself a Nutella and bread sandwhich and eat it peacefully. I look at the time and it's 7:30. I get my things and wake up Mike.

"Mike. Mike! Mikey! Hey Mickey Mouse wake up! Walt Disney is here to see you!" I say while giggling.

"Huh? Walt Disney? What? Ugh!" He groans.

"Mike seriously! It's 7:30 and I want to leave in 45 minutes!" I say while shaking him.

"Oh fine! Ugh I hate getting up!" He says and sits on my bed. I smile at him and we hug.

"Yeah I know big bro," I say into his chest. That's when I realize he was shirtless. But i didn't really care because I've seen him shirtless many times. He had a 6 pack because he worked out so much.

He walks to his bathroom while I run downstairs. I take this time to check my social media. You know Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat! Not many people followed me; but that was because I wasn't popular like Mike. I didn't mind it though. I liked being unnoticed, most of the time.

After I'm done checking social media, I look at the time, 8:10. He should be down in 5 minutes. I flip on the tv and watch the news, then my eyes fall on a picture. It was me, my former best friend and Mike. When we were little. Her name is Nina.

Before you go all sad, chill. She is still alive! It's just, after Rebecca Patterson talked to her, well they became best friends, and she left me. We still talk and all, but not like we used to in freshman year. I miss her though. We were best friends since we were 3 years old! The one good thing is that she doesn't bully me and she tries to tell Rebecca not to bully me too. Tries. She still does.

I snap out of my trans when Mike calls me. His dark brown hair is all messy but it suits him. He was wearing jeans, a striped shirt and converse. Mike is my ride. Don't get me wrong, I have a licence but I prefer not to drive. I only drive on certain occasions.

We get into the black Lamborghini and drive to school. Yes we are rich but we don't have a ginormous house with maids and butlers. Our house is normal size. My parents are saving the money for university.

We park in the parking lot and get out. Mike has football practice so we hug and say our farewells and head our separate ways. I go to the library and unlock it. I know what you're thinking, did you steal the keys? No. The librarian, who likes to be called by her first name Anna, by people she likes (me), gave me the spare keys cause I get here early. She knows I'm responsible and when things aren't always great, we talk. Yes she is old...maybe in her 60? But she is strong. She is like my grandmother.

I head inside and study. I don't have a test or anything I just study for future references. I check the time and it's 8:50. I sigh. School will start in 10 minutes. That's when Anna came in. We greet each other and she hands me some coffee. That how we work. I unlock the doors and she brings me coffee.

I say bye and head off to my first class, math. Don't get me wrong I love math but it's hard. I get in my seat at the back. Where I can't be seen. I look over my homework and that's when the teacher comes in.

"Hello Ms. Johnson," he says.

"Hello!" I smile and respond.

Then all the other students come in. Chattering and laughing. I sigh. I used to be like that. But it all changed after freshman year. I see Nina and Becca talking and giggling. She sees me and smiles. I give her a small smile and then look away. I admit I'm mad at her. Even though I said I wasn't. I really was. But she doesn't know that. If I tell her she will hate me. I'm fine being a nobody. I just have to survive this last year of school and I'm out!

The teacher starts talking about math. Reviewing and what not. I just put in my headphones and listen to music. He knows I understand everything and that I get bored, so he just gives me worksheets and once I'm done I listen to music. Everybody gets up and gathers there things, that my signal that the bell has rung for second period. History, here I come.

---------------

Authors Note (A/N)

Did you like it? Hope you did! And don't worry, there will be more exciting things other than school, trust me...

Stay tuned!

Keep reading!

And bye!