Chapter 13

Alisha's P.O.V

The phone rang. Finally someone picked up.

"Nina?" I ask trying to hold back the tears.

"Yes, who is this?" she says.

"Alisha," I say. She gasps.

"Uh hi," she says.

"I'm coming over," is all I say.

"Uh... o-okay," she stutters. Then I hang up.

After a few minutes I'm parked outside her house. I ring the doorbell and Mrs. Robinson opens up.

"Alisha? Hi dear! Long time no see! How have you been?" she says.

She's in her mid 40's but looks like she is 30. She has dark brown hair and its long. She wore a nightgown and an apron. I smile.

"I'm good! I was wondering could I stay the night?" I ask.

"Of course dear! Oh did you hurt your cheek? It has a bruise," she asks. I touch my cheek and hold back a whimper and force a smile.

"Oh I'm just clumsy! You know me! Is Nina upstairs?" I say.

Mrs. Robinson nods her head. I smile and head upstairs. I knock on the door and Nina says to come in. I enter and we both look at each other not knowing what to say.

"Hey Nina," I say dropping my bag. Her eyes widen when she sees my cheek.

"Oh. My. God. Alisha! Are you ok?" She run up to me and hugs me. I sigh and tell her.

"You remember what happened between me and Zack right?" I ask. She nods.

"Yeah you haven't spoken to each other since the end of freshman year," she says. I nod.

"Well Josh Campbell came over and well he was visiting my brother. They both know Zack so they ditched school to visit him. I came home and he was sitting on the couch with Mike and Josh. I ran upstairs, changed and sort of beat Josh and Zack up in a minor way because they wouldn't let me go outside. Once I beat them up, I went on a run, I came home and came in through my widow. After a few hours I came downstairs and they were waiting for me. They started asking questions and then... Mike slapped me," she gasps. I nod sadly,

"And now you're here," she says. I nod again.

"I hope it's ok I stay the night," I say. She smiles and nods.

"Yeah, I've missed you," she says. I give her a slight smile.

"But this doesn't mean I forgive you," I say. Her smile fades and she nods. I know she knows that I can't forgive her.

"Can we just go to bed? I'm tired after the events of today," I say. She nods and we go to bed.

The next morning, we wake up and get ready for school. I told her family thank you for letting me stay and they said I was welcomed anytime. Then Nina called me over.

"Alisha, I know you can't forgive me that easily but I want you know I'm sorry. I shouldn't have left you. And to make it up to you, I will make sure Rebecca doesn't bug you anymore," she says. I smile at her and hug her. She was shocked for a second but hugs me back.

"Thanks Nina. For this and everything," I say. She smiles back at me. Then I leave.

I get to school and try my best to avoid my brother and Josh. Zack goes to a different school so I didn't have to deal with him, and by the way he is in the same grade as me and Josh.

It was the end of the day and I was exhausted. I drove home and when I parked my car I felt fear overwhelm me. I was not in the mood to climb the tree, but I had too,to enter my room since it was still locked. Unless the guys busted it open, but I doubt it.