Chapter 8

Josh's P.O.V

I enter the house just before it hits 10. Thank god! No beating up today! I felt bad for rushing off like that with Alisha but I had too.

I take my shoes off and see my parents asleep on the couch, drunk. I sigh and head to my room. I take my shirt off revealing my 8 pack. I smirk at myself in the mirror and head to bed.

Alisha's P.O.V

I wake up and its 6 o'clock. I get up take a shower and put on some leggings, a black tank top and a white cardigan. I slip on some black ankle boots and put my hair in a side braid.

I go downstairs, get some frosted flakes cereal and head out the door. I hop into my car and its...8:40? Awe man! I won't have any time to read! I head into school at 8:50. I walk to math class until someone grabs me and pulls me into the closet. It was...Nina?

"Nina? What are you doing?" I ask her.

"Lila..." but I cut her off.

"Uh, no. You lost the privilege to call me that after you left me," I say with a snarl.

"Ok whatever! Becca is after you! She said that she will grab you at lunch and will do worse than she did the last time! This is a warning don't be alone! I gotta go," she tells me and runs away.

The bell rings, and I rush to class. Thank god I got there on time! And what did Nina mean don't be alone? Doesn't she know I have no friends except for Ally?! Once all my classes were done, it was lunch. I flinched. I rush of to my locker and some one taps me on the shoulder. I flinch and gulp. This is the end for me. I turn around stiff and I see Becca and her minions there mad...Nina is at the back worried. I sigh, well I had a good 16 years right?

"Oh you will pay you beep," no need to hear that word.

She's about the punch me and I close my eyes. Suddenly someone lifts by my shoulders
and puts me down. I hear a bang that sounds like someone hit a locker. I open my eyes to see...Jace? He's one of Josh's friends. And Becca is there holding her fist.

"Get the hell away from her Patterson! Or else you'll have me and the rest of the guys to deal with!" he snarls at her. She narrows her eyes at him, he does the same. She huff, flips her hair and struts of like she was on a cat walk...her minions follow her.

I stand there in shock...

"Uh, thanks?" I say more like a question.

"No problem, Josh overheard her plan and sent me to watch over you," he says while taking me to the cafeteria.

"Um, I'm fine going to Starbucks" I say softly.

"No can do little miss, Josh wants to make sure you're okay. Chill none of us will tease you or anything in anyway," Jace says like he read my thoughts. Man! I wanted Starbies!!

We enter the canteen and everyone stares. Shoot I hate attention! Ok I don't hate it. I actually like it, but not to much like this! Jace guides me to the popular table.

"Um you said nothing about me eating here! I'm fine! He saw me! Now I want my coffee!" I say while trying to escape. I guess Jace got fed up with me because he lifts me and swings me over his shoulders. More people stare. Dang!

He isn't as muscular as Josh but almost. I hit his shoulders and kick him too. Everyone stares. I roll my eyes and keep on hitting him.

"Let me go you moron! I'm a human not a puppet!" I say hitting him. He doesn't even flinch! Finally he sets me down and I'm in front of the populars. They stop talking and stare at me. I'm just as shocked as they are. They shrug and continue on like I wasn't even there. I snap out of my thoughts when someone starts to talk to me.

"I see you're alright, did that son of a beep..." I didn't here the last word. Instead I plugged my ears and said.

"La la la la la! I can't hear you! I will not let my head be filled with those stupid words!" I say. He looks at me and laughs. I roll my eyes at him and he stops.

"Ok, well did Patterson do anything to you?" Josh asks.

I shake my head no. He nods and tells me to sit down. I hesitate, and so he pulls me down. Josh talks with all his friends while me? I sit their awkwardly. I tried making a run for it but Jace caught me. When the bell rung, I got up and ran to chemistry...well speed walked to chemistry.

Once I get to my class, I move to the back, then Josh comes in, looks for a place to sit and the only place is beside me. Lucky me! Note the sarcasm. This is totally a cliché like all those other books. He moves into his seat and smiles at me. I give a slight smile and just look at the board. This is gonna be a long 60 minutes...