seventeen // better?

"LUKE," I SAY SOFTLY TO my favourite person, who is on this morning being stubborn and refusing to wake up. I shake him lightly, but he won't budge. I groan. "Come on, we've got to get ready for school."

"But bed...and tired...and sleep..." He mumbles in a voice that is so adorable I almost crumble. Almost. Morning Luke does things to me.

I shake him harder, determined to get him up, but that only makes him seem determined to stay in bed. "Luke, wake up!" I half-whisper, half-yell at him, and with one last push, Luke's long body goes rolling off the bed with a loud 'thud'. Shit.

"Ah, fuck," he cusses, and unable to stiffle my laughter, I howl at how funny it was to see his enlongated legs sticking up in the air. I peer over the bed at him, still laughing. Despite his crumpled state, he still looks like an urban-Adonis. Luke quirks a brow. "Are you laughing at me?"

I deliberately bite my lip back, batting my eyelashes at him. "Well, you were the one who wouldn't wake up," I say sweetly, and a guttarul sound comes from deep in his throat. It is so sexy that I feel it resonate through me. I squeal. "I better get dressed." I run for the wardrobe.

"Let me help you with that," he says huskily, and in a flash he is in front of me, blocking my path.

His light gaze is so full of lust that it makes me lose all sense. Luke's large hand cups my chin as he brings his lips to mine, and the moment they touch, I am immediately lost in his lips. How he moves his lips so expertly with mine, and how his hand carefully caresses my back before it slips under my night gown to get easier access to my skin...it is all overwhelming, all things that make me tingle and need him more. I feel a sound vibrate through Luke, and he opens his mouth slightly so that he can slip his tongue into my mouth. Crap, I still need to brush my teeth! I try to pull away due to this haunting realisation, but Luke's hand is pressed firmly against my heated back, preventing me from getting away. Oh, to hell with it.

I throw myself into the kiss, tasting his addicting flavour while jumping up so I can hook my legs around his waist. I feel Luke smirk, and his hand moves down to encircle my leg, where he squeezes gently. His other hand remains locked in my hair, twirling the strands around his finger tips as we continue to fall into the kiss. I am completely lost with this boy, and I realise then that there is nothing that I wouldn't do for him. I don't know we are falling until my back collides with the soft mattress of the bed.

Luke's lips move down my jaw and up to my ear, where he tugs on my lobe gently before whispering, "good morning, baby girl." He then pushes off me, breaking my moment of lust as he saunters towards the wardrobe, and my eyes wander over the tattoo on his back.

It really is mystifying. The different thickness of the lines, how they are entwined with each other, and seem to move in an intriguing way as the muscles in Luke's back ripple - they are all fascinating. What is most interesting, though, is that it doesn't seem complete. Though it is as unique and as beautiful as the boy it belongs to, the spaces between the lines look like something else can fit there. I purse my lips as I memorise the work of art.

"Stop staring at me, Pearce," says his gruff, morning voice.

"I thought I was a Hood now?" I challenge, resting my chin in my palm as I lean forward, set on watching this magnificent man.

I can feel him smirk. "Fine - stop staring at me, Hood." I stick my tongue out at him, and before I can blink, he is in front of me. "I could think of some better uses for that." My heart plummets. The Australian moves his lips to my ear. "You should save that wicked tongue of yours for later, I'm sure you'll come back with some mind-blowing licks for me," he whispers in a voice that sounds so smug yet so sexy that I start to see spots due to forgetting to breathe.