Prologue

Sehun sits far off to the side, away from the other devils. He's in a world of his own, thinking up dance choreography in his mind to a song he's recently gotten into; Growl. While the song plays in his head, he watches the other devils. They've separated into their own little groups, making fun of one another except for one group. A pair, really. Taemin and Minseok are the two devils Sehun always makes sure to steer clear of knowing that they can make his life hell, not that they haven't already.

Sehun watches with a sigh as they terrorize a new devil. He knows it's what devils are meant to do but he wishes there were other things like singing and dancing. Like in Heaven--the place he often wishes he could be--he knows he could do whatever he wanted. He knows he could sing and dance without being made fun of but he knows the chances of him going to Heaven are basically zero.

He watches Taemin push the younger devil and resists the urge to get up and yell at him. The young devils were always picked on and pushed around, himself included. Sehun hates watching it happen without being able to do anything.

"I can hear you singing from all the way over here, Sehun," Taemin calls out, making Sehun look up at him.

Sehun flushes at his comment and quickly looks down. He tries to block out the laughter of the other devils as he plays the song in his head.

"The sound of your voice is making me go deaf," Taemin yells.

Sehun stares at the ground, trying to ignore the snide remark.

"I was talking to you, Sehun," Taemin snaps then pauses when Sehun doesn't acknowledge him. "He's probably already made himself go deaf."

Tears burn Sehun's eyes as he hears the other devils' laughter leak through the song he was playing in his mind. He takes in a deep breath to calm himself down before standing up and walking away. One day he will let them know exactly how he feels. One day he will stand up to them and not let them get away with insulting him. One day, he tells himself, he will tell them.

~

The door opens without warning. Startled, Sehun looks up from his book to see Kris--the almightly devil--walk into his house.

"We need to talk," Kris says firmly, stopping in front of Sehun.

"I assumed so, hyung," Sehun answers with a small bow of his head.

"You need to participate. Engage in activities with the others," Kris states flatly. "Be active, get exercise."

"But I'm singing and dancing, hyung," Sehun protests weakly.

"I know, Sehun," Kris says. "But you're a devil. That's what angels do. Not devils. Not you."

"I understand," Sehun says quietly, dropping his head.

"This has been going on for far too long. It has to stop," Kris says sharply.

"Maybe I could go to heaven..." Sehun suggests.

"No," Kris snaps immediately, causing Sehun to flinch away. "If I can work something out, I'll let you know," Kris says, his voice softer.

Sehun dips his head. "Thank you, hyung."

"But I make no promises," Kris adds quickly.

In a flash, he's gone, leaving Sehun with a small spark of hope.

~

Kris watches from afar, seeing the young devil trying to fit in with the other devils. He sighs upon watching the other devils gang up on Sehun.

"No matter how hard you try, you're never going to fit in," Taemin says harshly before walking off, the other devils following.

Whatever is left of his heart breaks for the young devil and pulls out his phone, dialing a number.

~

"Tao," Luhan snaps, his voice sharp. "This is the third time this week you've been causing trouble and it's only Monday."

"So?" Tao counters. "What are you going to do about it?"

"I don't like your attitude and the pranks you pull are disgraceful," Luhan says. "This has to stop."

"You didn't answer my question," Tao answers sassily. "What are you going to do about it?"

Luhan tries to come up with a punishment but his mind is blank. Suddenly, to his relief, his phone rings.

"Sorry, I have to take this call," Luhan says upon seeing the caller ID.

"Saved by the bell," Tao remarks before sauntering out or the room.

"What's up?" Luhan asks, answering the call.

"I have an angel at heart down here. Think we could work something out?" Kris answers.

"That's a first, Kris. Is the almighty dragon softening up?" Luhan teases.

"Don't push it," Kris says, his voice gruff.

"Well... I've got a devil up here. We'll switch them tomorrow?" Luhan suggests.

"Sounds good, I'll let him know," Kris agrees.

"We'll try for a month, see how it goes and decide from there," Luhan adds quickly.

"Got it," Kris says. "Keep an eye on mine and I'll look out for yours."

"Indeed, the dragon is softening up," Luhan says with a laugh.

Kris grunts before hanging up. Luhan puts down his phone as Tao enters the room.

"Come up with a suitable punishment yet?" Tao asks.

"Yes," Luhan answers with a small smile. "You're going to hell."

~

Thanks to Jongin- for the amazing cover