Chapter 3

"Why is the angel here," Taemin demands.

"Because I made a deal with heaven," Kris replies. "Tao for Sehun."

"You never talk to heaven, what is going on?" Taemin growls.

"What I do is none of your business, Taemin," Kris snaps.

"You're getting soft, Kris," Taemin says harshly, poking Kris hard in the chest. "You're the devil but if you don't start acting like it, maybe you won't be."

"I am your leader, Taemin. You will treat me with respect," Kris snarls.

"Leader?" Taemin scoffs. "You're too soft to be my leader."

"Get out," Kris snaps. "I don't want to see you unless I have to."

"You're using words now? The old Kris used to be brutal and cold. He used to fight to prove his dominance," Taemin says coldly with a short laugh but walks out anyways.

As he goes, Kris sends a fiery spark at Taemin, hitting him square in the back. Taemin stumbles forwards and snaps his head back to look at Kris.

"Watch your back, Taemin," Kris warns.

~

Sehun stumbles slightly, almost falling off the stepping stone as he crosses over to the island he lives on. He lets out a sigh of relief as he finishes crossing safely before quickly walking to his house so he doesn't end up falling again.

"Urin deo isang nuneul maju haji anheulkka, sotonghaji anheulkka, saranghaji anheulkka, apeun hyeonsire dasi nunmuri heulleo," Sehun sings softly as he finishes arranging the items in his temporary house. "Bakkul su itdago bakkumyeon doendago malhaeyo mama, mama."

"You've got a great voice," a voice says.

Startled, Sehun jumps and turns to see Luhan leaning against the door.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you," Luhan says as he rubs the back of his neck, slightly embarrassed.

"W-What are you doing here?" Sehun asks, putting a hand on his chest as he tries to slow his rapid heartbeat.

"Just here to check up on you... You know BTS sings too," Luhan says. "I'm sure many groups would love to have you sing in their group."

"No thanks," Sehun says, immediately shutting Luhan down.

Luhan shrugs. "Just think about it, okay?"

"No!" Sehun shouts. "Stop pushing me, I'm not your kid. We only just met and you talk to me as if we're best friends. You barely know me. Back off."

Luhan flinches but this time, Sehun doesn't apologize. Sehun narrows his eyes and Luhan sighs before walking off. Sehun feels his insides break a little bit upon seeing Luhan's retreating figure.