Chapter 9

"I... I left some stuff on my bed," Sehun says quietly before leaving the house.

Luhan watches the retreating figure before sprinting up the stairs and into Sehun's room. He doesn't know what to say upon seeing the white clothes that he bought for Sehun carefully folded and placed on the made bed.

Luhan immediately runs out of the house to find Sehun. "Sehun?"

"I'm going back to hell soon," Sehun says quietly.

"That doesn't mean you have to return the clothes," Luhan says, finally noticing the dark clothes Sehun has on. "They're for you."

"I'm never going to wear them," Sehun says, his voice and face emotionless.

"I... I know... But it's not like I'm going to use them," Luhan says. "You're... You're much taller than I am."

Sehun shrugs. "Then find someone who can."

And with that, he walks away from Luhan once again. Luhan watches him confused before running up to Sehun and matching his pace.

"Sehun... Why are you like this? You still have a week left," Luhan says, confused.

"I know," Sehun answers.

"Did you not like it here?" Luhan asks, nervous.

Sehun shakes his head. "I did like it. Very much... But I have to understand that I am not to stay here forever."

Luhan sighs and runs a hand through his hair. "Okay... Then let's make the best of what time we have left."

Sehun shakes his head again. "No... No thank you. I would prefer to be alone."

Luhan watches in despair as the taller walks off.

~

Luhan hears soft music as he enters his house after spending the entire day looking for Sehun... With no luck whatsoever.

He sighs and wants to collapse on the couch but instead, follows the sound of the music, hoping it will lead him to Sehun but knowing in the back of his mind that he is nowhere to be found.

"Sehunnie?" Luhan asks nervously as he follows the sound, leading him outside into the backyard.

To his despair, when he goes out, he doesn't see anything. He walks over to find the source of music, Sehun's phone. He recognizes the song as B.A.P's 1004 Angel. He clicks on the phone to pause  the music when he freezes in place. Sehun's wallpaper, to Luhan's surprise, is Luhan himself. He's looking off to the side, deep in thought, his wings spread out.

"I... I'm sorry I ran off," a voice says.

It startles Luhan, but he automatically recognizes it as Sehun's so he turns and throws himself into the taller's arms.

"A-Ah... Luhan..." Sehun mumbles nervously.

"Don't ever do that again," Luhan murmurs, fisting a hand around Sehun's shirt.

"Hey, hey... Don't cry..." Sehun says softly, rubbing Luhan's back reassuringly. "I'm still here for a week..."

Luhan doesn't even notice the tears that are streaming down his face as he clings on tightly to Sehun.

"I've gotten attached to you, Sehun," Luhan says quietly. "And I don't want to let you go."

"I'll come back, okay?" Sehun whispers but they both know that it's a lie. "I'll call from Kris hyung's phone too. We'll meet again."

"You promise?" Luhan asks, looking up at the taller with wide eyes.

"I promise," Sehun says, forcing a smile onto his face in an attempt to calm the shorter and his pounding heart.