Chapter 2

"You're wearing all white," Taemin says, snorting.

"It's what all angels wear," Tao says quietly.

Taemin rolls his eyes at his friends. "Angels, angels, angels. So wonderful, so good, so kind, so pure."

Tao simply blinks.

"Must have been nice to feel like you ruled the universe," Taemin says with a smirk. "Too bad you got sent down here, huh?"

"It's not too bad," Tao lies.

"I bet you miss your paradise," Taemin says with mock sadness. "The waterfalls, the sunshine, the clouds..."

"It's nice to have a change of scenery," Tao says quietly.

"You have a comeback for everything, don't you angel boy," Taemin says, voice cold and unwelcoming.

"Shame they didn't yank out your wings and break your halo before sending you here," Minseok says, stepping out of the gathered crowd. "Is there a reason why your halo isn't gold? Why it's silver instead?"

Tao simply closes his eyes, taking in a breath before pushing past everyone and away from the crowd.

Kris watches from afar as he rests in the air above his cliff. He smiles slightly at the angel's pride as he watches the angel walk away from his interrogators.

~

Sehun steps out of his small house and crosses the clearing, looking around before carefully testing his weight on one of the stepping stones. After a moment, he walks across them to the bigger island.

Sehun smiles upon seeing a group of angels dancing in the center square with a group surrounding them, watching. He can barely contain his excitement as he picks up his pace, walking towards them faster. He barely notices the looks of curiosity, worry, and fear the other angels give him.

He stands on the outside of the crowd as he watches the angels dance grinning from ear to ear.

"I didn't know you liked dancing," a familiar voice says, coming from over Sehun's right shoulder.

Sehun turns to see Luhan who smiles at him. "It's just something I like to do in my spare time," Sehun answers simply, shrugging nervously.

"They're the Bangtan Boys, also known as BTS," Luhan explains. "They perform here often. I know there's a group looking for a member. I could let them know you're interested if you'd like."

Sehun shakes his head. "I think I'll pass. Thanks though, I don't really have the training."

Luhan shrugs. "Okay... I could find someone to help you though."

Sehun smiles softly. "Thanks but I'm going to have to pass."

"Come with me," Luhan says, turning away from the group around BTS.

Sehun turns, following Luhan. "What for?"

"What's stopping you?" Luhan asks, stopping out of earshot of the other angels.

"From what?" Sehun asks, confused.

"What's stopping you from joining? From even just trying?" Luhan asks.

Because I'm not going to be here forever, Sehun thinks.

"Why does it matter to you?" Sehun says instead, getting defensive and shutting down.

Luhan notices and drops his head, looking at the ground. "I thought you wanted to belong."

"I do," Sehun snaps. "But clearly, I don't belong here. Do you think I don't notice the looks the other angels give me? I'm never going to belong, okay? I'm never going to belong so you might as well give up and save your breath for when you're actually going to need it."

Luhan is silent. Realizing what he just did, Sehun puts a hand over his eyes, ashamed of his outburst. "I'm sorry, I... I didn't mean it... Thanks for helping me..."

Luhan shakes his head. "No, you're right. I'm sorry for forcing it on you."

And with that, for what must be the first time in his life, Luhan turns around and walks off.