Chapter three

Emmys POV
I hate my life now. Something had to go wrong again. Why did I have to get drunk and cheat on my boyfriend? Now my best friend is with him, turning on me. She's not exactly turning on me, because she doesn't know me and Charlie were ever even a thing. I should've told her. Then she would understand.
I feel-
"Emmy! Someone's here to see you!" My mom yelled.
I stopped writing in my journal and ran down stairs. My mom sat there with an angered face for some reason. She always seemed angry with me. I opened the door. Meghan stood there, still in her school clothes.
"What do you wa-
I cut myself off. In real life I was still her friend, I have to be cool.
"Come in Meg".
Meghan nodded and ran upstairs to my room. We sat next to each other on my bed. She took out her iPad and opened it.
"Look at these tweets from Charlie!" She said.
"Girl named Meghan, so cool" one of them said.
"Cool" I mumbled, remembering what I did to him that night.
I put down my drink and looked around me. The whole world was spinning and blurry. I tried to walk, but I stumbled to the ground ever time. Other drunk people filled the room. I couldn't see nor hear anything. I had managed to walk out the door and into the fresh air. I didn't smell like vomit anymore. The fresh air made the world around me spin more rapidly. I felt arms wrap around me.
"What-
I stopped in the middle of the sentence. I was to crazy to talk.
"Hey girl" the person said.
It sounded like he was as drunk as me.
"What do you say we get out of this place?"
I was to drunk to remember my boyfriend Charlie before saying what I never should've said.
"Hell yeah! Charlie is a bitch anyway".
Flashback over
I didn't notice i was sobbing now. Meghan was waving her hand over my face, trying to get my attention.
"Hello? Emmy are you okay?" Meghan said nervously.
"NO IM NOT OKAY MEGHAN! CHARLIE IS GONE NOW!" I sobbed loudly before running out of the house.
Meghan's POV
I ran after Emmy. Her mom was sobbing on the floor. I ran as fast as I could. Emmy was running towards the forest. I finally got to the entrance of the forest. I was completely out of breath. I could hear sobs from a mile away. 'You've got to be kitting me' I thought to myself.
I ran on and on. The sobs got quieter and quieter. Finally, I saw Emmy. She was up in a tall oak tree.
"Emmy! You've got to tell me what's going on here!" I called out to her.
There was no answer, she claimed one tree to another away from me, since all the branches were connected.
I saw something on the ground. I picked it up and brushed the leaves off of it. It was a small journal. I opened it to the first page. There were thousands of letters written all over. I flipped through all the pages, they were all full of words. I stopped at a random page. I started to read it.
I hate my life now. Something had to go wrong again. Why did I have to get drunk and cheat on my boyfriend? Now my best friend is with him, turning on me. She's not exactly turning on me, because she didn't know me and Charlie were ever a thing. I should've told her. Then she would understand.
I feel-
The words stopped. Tears streamed down my face at this point. I closed the book and dropped it on the ground. On the back, in huge black letters it said, 'Emmy'.
I fell to my knees, knowing exactly what Emmy had done.
"Emmy. You lied to me" I mumbled.
I forgot about Emmy, and ran back to the house. I opened the door and sprinted up to Emmys room.
I got my stuff. When I was about to walk out the door, I saw a picture of me mad Emmy as kids. It was labeled, 'best friends forever'. I sobbed even harder now. I walked, since I was out of breath. I smelled something weird. I went in the kitchen and saw a horrible sight. Emmys mom lay on the floor. Her hand was burned badly, so was her other one. I ran out of the house, and went back to mine. I dropped at my knees, and went unconscious.
*wakes up*
I breathed heavily. I screamed as loud as I could, startling everyone in the house. Sweat covered my body. I realized it was all a dream.
------------
Hey guys!
Intense chapter already! Don't kill me please. Wait until the next chapter. Love all who are reading!
~Delaney