Chapter 21- Together.

I grab my old bag used for hiking from my shelf in my closet and start to jam every possible thing I could need in there. Just the necessities, I can't afford to carry a lot. A pair of sport leggings, shirts, hoodies, socks and of course, underwear, all dark colors. I bite my lip as I look at the time, only nine thirty. I still have a lot of time though a lot of things could go wrong.

I finish picking out a select few and I rush down the stairs, rummaging through the shelf for all sorts of snacks and I get out a box of energy gel and bars while getting a water filter . I don't know how long we'll be out there without hunting for food. Who knows if the outside has fresh water. I fill a couple of water bottles and lug everything up the stairs.

I throw them into my room and go down into the basement to look around the shelf for a pair of flashlights, batteries, and pocket knives. Where are they? All I see are tools and then I spot a drawer where I find everything that I need. Out of the corner of my eye while grabbing all the things I spot my dad's old hunting knife. I stop in my tracks and I stare at the knife that hung on the shelf, it's case dirtied and scratched from previous adventures. Should I? Do I need it? I bite my lip as I swipe the knife, we can never be too safe.

As I run up the stairs I hear the door slam. I rush into my room covering everything with my blanket. I hold me breath as the foot steps get closer. I flinch as the door swings open and I turn around to see my brother.

"I know." Mikael says, uttering the two words that brings panic to me. What is he going to do now? Is he going to tell? Did he already tell? Is he just trying to stall me? Before I can act he says something else inconceivable "I want to come with you."

I widen my eyes in surprise and fall back onto my bed. "What?" I say in disbelief as my brother walks up to me and looks down at me with determination. His hair is messy, standing in all directions as if he's been working on something.

"I want to come with you, I want to escape." I look at him, no doubt with a baffled expression. Where did this come from? When did he even find out?

I look down at my hands, twiddling them. It isn't suppose to be this way. What am I suppose to say? "I-I-" I start to say.

"Lilith please," he looks at me with pleading eyes "you know I much I've never looked forward to my soul mate, take me with you." I've always wondered why he was so against it, he must know the same thing I know then if he wants to leave so badly.

"What about mom and dad?" I ask, hoping to change his mind. They'll just be alone, they won't have anyone.

Mikael shakes his head vigorously "I don't care anymore, if they really love us they'll support our decision."

Should I? I can't just say no could I? I look at him, his eyes full of hope and determination to get out of here. He really has made up his decision. "Fine." I give in. "Go pack your clothes, I have everything else."

"Thanks Lils." He says softly as he closes the door behind him. As soon as he shuts it I fall back onto my bed. What is this? How long has he felt like this? How long has he been opposed to this? I throw my pillow against the closet and hear it thump softly on the ground.

I get up to finish packing, stuff everything in with still space to spare. I look around to room to see if there's anything else to add and I spot something on my closet shelf. My big sleeping bag. Just in case. I push it into my bag, finally filling it up.

I turn to change my clothes, something comfortable, something to sweat in. I put on my sports shirt, jacket and leggings. I scrunch my eyes as I take out my pocket knife from the front pocket of my backpack and slip it into my jacket pocket. Just in case.

I collapse on my couch as I breath in and out. I'm actually doing this. I'm really going through with this. I'm never going to really sleep on a bed anymore huh? No more heating or air conditioning. No more tv, although it was bad anyways. I chuckle a little as I look at my desk, all the pencils and notebooks. On the bright side, no more school.

I frown but then smile as I spin my chair around and see the picture that I put down of me and Lana. I don't think she'd recognize me if she saw me now. Looking back maybe it all started from her, she was the one that questioned everything, she was the one that made me think.