Chapter 22: Family Reunion

Sub-Zero clenched his fists, even though his facial expression couldn't change, Ember was able to tell he was hurt that Bi-Han disowned him. Noob turned away from his cybernetic ex-brother and turned to Ember.

"Come with me, so Quan Chi may perfect you too, sister." He reached out to grab her arm, but she backed away from him, farther away from them both.

Kuai-Liang's head tilted slightly as he regarded both his sister and Bi-Han. "You disown me, Bi-Han, but Ember?"

Noob lowered his hand and his eyes betrayed shame for a quick second, but any sign of remorse passed before either of his siblings saw it. "She is different..."

"Why? Because Quan Chi wants her as a plaything?!" Kuai-Liang didn't stop when Bi-Han snapped up to look him dead in the eye. "You would give up your own sister! You call yourself perfect and flawless, but you have become selfish and an immoral brother!"

"HOW DARE YOU!" Bi-Han suddenly roared. "You will regret those words, Kuai-Liang!" He punched Sub-Zero and went to elbow his face, but Sub-Zero quickly recovered and dodged.

As a full blown fight between the two began, where punches and kicks were blocked and countered, Sub-Zero called out to his sister "Ember! Go back to the others." He ducked abruptly to avoid Noob's roundhouse kick.

Ember's attention had been fully on the fight so at first she didn't hear him, but when she did her face contorted into that expression of stubbornness that he knew well by now. "What? No! I came here for Quan Chi and I'm not leaving until that bleached asshole is dead!"

Figuring that Kuai-Liang would distract Bi-Han, Ember decided now would be best to kill the sorcerer and began running towards him to strike. But before she got close enough Bi-Han pushed Kuai-Liang away and whirled on his heel to face her. His hand shot out and a black oily projectile flew at her. The projectile quickly took the form of a man, an exact replica of Noob to be specific.

The oily clone tackled Ember to the ground and the two rolled on the dead grass, Ember trying to get away and the clone trying to keep her on the ground.

While Noob conjured his clone to preoccupy Ember, Sub-Zero took the distraction to slam his palm into his ex-brother's face causing a sickening crack that most likely was his nose.

As two fights went on behind him, Quan Chi paid them no mind and resumed his work, the sadistic grin still on his face as he thought of all the souls he was going to collect at the end of the day.

Sub-Zero wasn't proud to do it, to fight Bi-Han, but it was necessary and he kept landing blows and blocking them until he K.O'd his older brother. As Noob collapsed into an unconscious heap, Sub-Zero shook his head.

"It didn't have to be like this..." He muttered and backed away with his back straight and his head raised.

Noob Saibot's clone continued to live and attack despite the original being out like a light. While his objective was to restrain the girl, he was getting frustrated by how much she resisted. Irritated, the clone feigned a punch to Ember's right and when she moved to the left like he planned, he quickly spun her around and grabbed her.

As he struggled to keep her still, Ember stomped on his foot and elbowed him where the sun don't shine when he bent slightly.

The clone grunted and his grip loosened allowing Ember to push him back. Before he could recover, she turned to face him and smashed the heel of her boot into his forehead. Black fluid spilled from his head like an oil spill and his white eyes rolled back inside his head as he dropped face first to the ground.

"Ew..." Ember grumbled as she examined the black substance sticking to her boot like gum and she tried to rub it off on the grass. Getting off as much as possible, Ember glanced over at Bi-Han and bit her lip, avoiding looking at Kuai-Liang.