chap 4) before adventure

Delilah wasn't sad,
no, not sad, not anymore,
she was bored.

Not the kind of bored everyone says they are when there aren't any strawberry Poptarts in the pantry, or when your siblings ate all the chocolate ice cream and you've had such a boring day that you just wanna eat everything you own. Not the kind of bored there is when you've read all of John Green's novels and finished Gossip Girl on Netflix.

Delilah wasn't that kind of bored.

She was simply bored of life.

You see, Delilah absolutely despised routines. She hated waking up in the same home, going down to the same kitchen, eating the same smore granola-bar, heading down the same old stairs, going to the same old school, seeing the same old faces.

It was all so boring.

Delilah was a short blonde with short patience. She was bored, and that was all there was to it.

She was always seeking adventure, but she never had someone to show her the way.

Delilah left the same old school, the same time as yesterday, 6:30, and she saw the truck.

The truck she sees everywhere she goes, the truck that belongs to the absolute love of her life, and a small bit of what seemed like hope sparked up in her.

I can't give you adventure.

The only car in the whole parking lot, and she never knew why.

"You want another ride?" He asked, he sounded so care-free. She was beyond jealous.

Luke was leaned up against the back of the truck, a cigarette in his mouth and his hands shoved in a leather jacket.

He looked magical, and his mere presence put Delilah in a state of shock.

She stared at him carefully, his light eyes, his lazy smile, and his blonde hair that she has already grown so very fond of.

he was so pretty. so pretty.

"Yeah, yeah, sure." She said, pulling her long blonde hair back and slightly smiling at him.

He was different, he was change, she liked change.

"Are you taking me home?" She asked, as soon as he started up his old truck and pulled out of the school parking lot.

He puffed out smoke and turned to her, raising his eyebrow slightly. "Do you want me to take you home?"

"No, i don't." She replied honestly, holding onto her gray backpack for dear life, she was vulnerable.

"Alright," He replied.

And then he threw his cigarette right out of the window, and it flew into the darkness, along with everything else, along with worries and responsibilities and un-happiness.