chapter 11) before un-certainty

Delilah closed the school door quietly, and ran down the steps, straight to the truck that she knew would be out there waiting for her.

Luke was leaning on the car door, a cigarette in his mouth and a hand shoved inside of his leather jacket's pocket.

"Hello." She called out, her breath causing a cloud, because it was so cold.

"Hey." He said to her, a lazy smile on his face.

He took the cigarette out of his mouth and threw it on the floor, stomping on it to put it out.

"You ready?"

"Yeah, of course. Let's go."

He opened the door for her, she sat on her seat, inhaling in his yummy scent.

Delilah turned on the radio and closed her eyes.

She felt Luke picking up her hand and interlocking their fingers together.

The heating system was turned up on high, but Delilah was using his soft hand as her source of warmth.

And like every single night, they drove, they drove for what felt like hours, until they came to a tall mountain.

"We're climbing a mountain tonight, Delilah."

And for a second he sounded crazy, but Delilah needed crazy.

He took her small hand and guided her to a fence, that was littered with bushes and trees, so she climbed over it, and he soon followed, making sure she didn't fall, because that would be unfortunate.

They walked all the way up, until they stopped at a cliff.

Delilah was breathing heavily, and she was so tired, Luke was unfazed, and just staring at the night sky, staring at the city, and staring at the beautiful blonde next to him.

He had a small backpack, and he pulled out two beers.

"Do you want one?" He asked her, and she hesitated. She hasn't smoked or gotten drunk, but something in her egged her to try it, because she had one life, and there was only one Luke.

So she grabbed the beer from him and took a swig, and he took one too.

And four and five and six, and before they knew it they were laughing and dancing in the cold.

He was holding her so tightly as if she'd let go, he was touching her hair and kissing her cheeks.

His arms were wrapped around her waist and the laughing died down,

"Do you trust me?" He asked her, and she did trust him.

"I do." she told him, slowly.

And so he picked her up and kissed her, and when he did it seemed like they both let go, they both let go of anything that was holding them down, and they had eachother, and maybe that was all they needed.