chap 18) before tonight

Delilah was running her fingers through Luke's hair, humming old songs as she went.

"1 day." she whispered to him, he sucked in a breath. "Yeah,"

"Yeah." she responded quietly, slowly, imperceptibly.

After a couple minutes of silence Delilah took herself off his lap, before running to go get him his picture from her trench-coat pocket.

Delilah pushed the picture toward him, "I figured my presence was gift enough. But I don't know how long we'll be together-not that we're together-but so you won't forget me. Not that you would, it's just-"

Luke pulled her small body to his, kissing her nose. "I love it, Delilah."

He laced her blonde hair through his long slim fingers. "Really?"

"Yes." He told her, and he did. He shoved it in his pocket.
-
Delilah fell asleep on his couch watching SpongeBob SquarePants, but she was awake when she heard his footsteps in the living room.

"I brought you coffee. Let's go somewhere."

Delilah got up slowly, rubbing her eyes and pushing her hair out of her face.

"Luke, it's 3 a.m." She whispered, her voice was still groggy from sleep.

"Who cares, let's go."

Luke shoved her coffee toward her, she gulped as much down as she could in a split second before being pulled down the stairs of the apartment complex and into his truck.

20 minutes later Luke stopped at the mountain they climbed before, and after 10 more minutes they were at the top, with a very tired Delilah and a wild Luke.

and they stayed up there for 2 hours. They talked, they kissed,they talked.

Luke took a million pictures of Delilah.
He took a million and one.
a million and two.
she was just so goddamn beautiful.

And Luke kissed her and kissed her and kissed her, but what Delilah didn't know was that that was the last time she would ever kiss him like that again.