3

As midnight approaches, I head for Hogwarts. The memories of my fathers death seem to return each time I enter the abandoned school. All the house elmblems, except the Slytherin ones have been destroyed. But even now, a year after, Harry's death, I see remains of objects that prove that my house Gryffindor, did once exist. A few rubbies from the house points glass, torn red and gold banners with burnt corners. Small hints, but anyone would realize that Gryffindor isn't just a myth.

I walk down the ruined corridors, passing charred bricks and debris. No one goes to Hogwarts anymore, so it is a reasonable meeting spot. I hate the memories that it brings back though, because I always think about Harry and my father when I see the remains of my school, and only home.

I open the large oak doors that lead to the great hall. A starry sky, that seems almost surreal greets me instead of a ceiling. I notice all the others gathered around the old Gryffindor table. They all sit on the old benches, talking amongst themselves. Floating candles light the room, but freezing drafts blow in from the cracks in the huge window panes and the night outside is cold and dark. McGonagall sees me and claps her hands. I stare at the faces around the table as everyone falls silent. McGonagall is something of a leader among us. "It seems as if we all got the message. I want to ask you all a question. Should we protect the muggles?" Everyone pauses to think. "What do you think?" She smiles. "Good question. I think we should. Harry would have wanted it that way." I can't disagree with that. "I agree, one more way to bug Voldemort right?" I say. "Why not?" Says Ron. "I'm helping, my parents are muggles." Hermione says. Soon everyone's agreeing.

We know that the death eaters are attacking London next, so we decide that me, Luna, Ron, Hermione, and McGonagall are going to go to London tomorrow to protect the muggles. We need to help them. Harry would have wanted it that way. Our meeting finishes. Everyone sticks round to talk though, and Ron and Hermione hang with me.

"I just realized, Hogwarts is empty so I should go get my stuff." I say. "We'll come too." Hermione says, not even asking Ron for his opinion. When I look at him, he nods in agreement. They realize that I could do with their company. This place brings back my memories of my father. "You miss him, don't you?" Ron says. "Yes, but doesn't everyone?" I ask, trying to laugh. I choke instead. "Yeah... He was a really famous and..." Ron doesn't seem sure about what to say, "Unique and...umm...special. I didn't really know him as more than a...a teacher but I'm sure he's a great guy." "You don't need to watch my feelings." I say, "And he was a great guy." We shuffle forward in a silence. I hate it when people lie to protect your feelings, or when they choose their words carefully as if you wouldn't understand. I like to know what they really think.

Hogwarts is in a horrible state. The walls are crumbling, the windows are broken, shattered glass and broken bricks lie scattered about the dusty floor. Mold and ivy creep up the walls. Bodies, ashes, blood stains and burn marks mark the deaths and injuries of the thousands that fought for justice here, and the thousands that fought for injustice. And injustice won. Large wooden doors lie shattered near their thresholds. Various objects lie spread out across the floor. Cracked pictures lie everywhere. My home is hardly recognizable. This version of Hogwarts feels like a joke.

We arrive at Gryffindor common room and find the picture in front of it shattered. We manage to remove the broken gold frame, the burnt canvas and some of the cracked glass away. We head into our old common room for the first time in a year.