8

We arrive at the London. The morning air is cold and leaves rustle in the breeze. I feel my blond hair blow around me and Ron and hermione's sweaty hands in mine. We let go of each other and look around. The death eaters aren't here yet. "I say we evacuate as many muggles as possible, then do our best to make a stand." I say. "Agreed." Ron and Hermione say together. "Where should we bring them?" Asks Luna. "Back to Hogwarts gates." Says McGonagall. We spread out, hoping this plan will work and that no one will lose their lives.

I enter a coffee shop. I find muggles watching the news. The things that the death eaters have done appear on the screen. "Those people are coming here! They're going to try kill you!" Eventually I convince two muggles to come with me. They grasp my wrists and we appirate.

I feel the spinning turning pulling and tugging feelings that you get from appirating, but I'm used to them, it's the muggles I'm worried about. I feel them clutching me tighter and tighter in terror. I picture the gates of Hogwarts, tall and sturdy, made of a dark, rusting metal.

We arrive at the gates. The muggles let go of my hands and fall to the grassy ground. One of them clutches their stomach. "I'm going back!" I say before I appirate.

I appear in the coffee shop once more. Yaxely, one of voldemort's law enforcers is in the store. He smiles at me, raising his wand, but I beat him to it. "Stupefy!" I shout. My jinx hits him hard, he topples to the floor unconscious. Three bodies lie on the floor marking three muggles that I was to late to save. The rest of the muggles flee the coffee store.

I hear a voice scream, "Reducto!" The force of the magical explosion knocks me down. I land on my face, and am unable to see what the explosion is doing to the shop, but I hear splintering glass and a cracking boom. I stand up, feeling a sharp pain in my face. I can feel blood on my cheeks and taste it on my lip. The large glass windows at the front of the store have shattered and parts of the roof has caved in. The door has been knocked clean off it's hinges and several broken objects lay scattered over the floor. Coffee and blood stains cover the floor and another body lies on the ground. Tables and chairs lay toppled on the ground and there is a massive hole in the wall. I see Yaxely stirring so I duck behind a damaged table.

He wakes and stares around, searching the room for me. Satisfied, he leaves the coffee shop. I wait twenty seconds before emerging from behind the table. I leave the shop with my heart pounding. Muggles run down the crowded streets screaming and shouting. Buildings are on fire, death eaters swarm the air, firing abusive spells at the muggles and laughing each time one falls to the ground, with the same lifeless look that Harry had after he died, each of them pale, cold and gone forever. I see Ron appear, grab two muggles by the arms and disappear, taking them back to Hogwarts gates. I see a death eater aiming a spell at a muggle.

I don't think, I just do. I sprint forward, diving into the path of the spell. "Protago!" I yell. The shielding charm works fending off the curse. The muggle smiles at me. I grab him and appirate.