The Princess

As soon as I see the princess, I bow slightly. "Mi'lady my prince has sent me to come and retrieve you. For he wants to marry you." I told her. "But, whoever shall save me, the knight, which would be you, would be the one to take my hand in marrige. Also, please, stop bowing. That is not required." I stop bowing, looking up at her. She is beautiful. No wonder the prince wants to marry her. I bow my head slightly, taking my helmet off, fliping my hair out. I look back up at the princess. Her eyes widen, along with her mouth "Mi'lady, I don't think it'd be a good idea to marry me." 'Though it wouldn't hurt..' I thought to myself. "You are a girl? But every knight I have seen is a boy. Why is that?" She asked, a small smile threatning to make its way onto her face, but she doesn't let it show. "The prince believed for me to be a strong soldier, I care much for the prince, I will not allow anything bad to happen to him, mi'lady." I explained to the princess. "Well a girl would be better than my knight I have now.." She started, rolling her eyes, "But please, call me Riley. I am Princess Riley Matthews, my parents are Corey and Topanga Matthews, they care very much for our people in the kingdom." She explained. "Well, Riley, will you come back with me for my prince? I do anything that is asked, though sometimes, it's annoying dealing with him.." I said with a sigh. She holds her proper posture, looking me in the eyes. "I am obligated to marry the knight so noble enough to travel all this way, going through many obsticles to come for me." I sigh, taking a step forward, getting closer to the princess. "Princess, we can not marry, for my prince would cast me out, never wanting to have anything else to do with me." I say noblely, still standing by my prince's word. "But if we were to marry, we could stay here, in my kingdom." She explained to me. I sigh slightly, looking down. "Please, knight-.. What is your name, knight?" She inquired, causing me to look back up at her. "Mi'lady, that does not matter now, my prince is waiting for me to return with the princess. Please, come. We can talk on the way." I told her, causing her to walk up to me, taking my hand, entwining our fingures together. I sigh as I start walking to Prince Lucas' kingdom. "So, what is your name. I am a princess, please, tell me." I let go of her hand, standing firm. "I am Maya Hart, the prince's most trustworthy knight he has." When I look back at her, she's smiling wide. "So, what drove you to be a knight?" She questioned, I start walking, motioning for her to follow. She walks beside me, slyly taking my hand in hers once again. I roll my eyes, ignoring that fact. "I always found it fascinating. I saw the knights fight for the kindom. The fighting, clashing of swords. One day, the prince was introuble, I stepped in and saved him. Ever since then, I'd been his most trusted knight." I explained. I soon hear something shuffling in the distance. On instinct, I hold my arm out infront of the princess, stoping her from walking. "What's wro-" I quickly put my hand on her mouth to keep her from talking, when I feel her kiss my hand gently, causing a slight blush to fall onto my face, but I ignore it, listening, looking around for any type of danger. As I'm looking, I see an arrow being shot right at us, I quickly put my hands on the princess' shoulders, pulling her down, just barely dodging the arrow. "We gotta' go!" I said, grabbing her hand, running towards Lucas' kingdom. They begin chasing after us, shooting arrows as we swiftly dodge them, soon, coming to a dead end. My eyes widen. "What?! How have we hit a dead end?!" I yelled. "Riley! Get behind me!" I said as I pushed her behind me, drawing my sword, ready to fight for her life. I stare out into the field, waiting for something, anything. The arrows have stopped, but that doesn't mean it'll stay that way. Soon, I see arrows coming at me, I use my sword to block them. My princess will not be hurt. My? No. The prince's princess.. She's not mine.. I was in my thoughts, that's never a good thing. Especially while I'm protecting royalty. I have to be on guard at all times, but at that moment, I put my guard down. I felt her touch me. I felt her almost wrap her arms around me. She was half way there, but I quickly pulled away. She distracted me. She caught me off guard. An arrow shoots me in the arm, causing me to yelp in pain, but I ignore the pain, quickly pulling the arrow out, causing me to yell once more. But I ignore my cries and pain. I have to protect the princess.. Not myself. I have to be willing to die. I pull the arrow out of my arm, a sheer pain going through my whole arm, but I ignore it, running towards the people I see attacking us. It soon becomes a blood bath for me, but that's nothing new. After I finish, seeing the princess' face, I can tell its new for her. Her parents must protect her from everything. "Y-you.." She's too shocked to even go on. I smirk at her. "Yeah. I did." She just looks at me, eyes wide, mouth open. "Wh-.. Why?.." She finally asked. "I was trained to show no mercy who take no mercy on me." I said seriously, gaining back my posture. "C-can we just.. Go now?.." My eyes widen as I smile. "Wow!" I start sarcastically, "you want to go now! I thought you wanted to marry me!" I said jokingly. Her face quickly turns a deep red. "I-.." She looks at my arm, seeing blood coming from where the arrow once penetrated my arm. "I can help you." She said, making my confused. "What?" I ask, but she just ignores me, coming over to me, "you should sit, rest for a bit." She puts her hands on my shoulders, pushing me down. I sit. She is a princess, anyway. She kneels down infront of me, tearing a strip of her dress off, causing my eyes to widen. She gets closer to to me. Getting too close than I would want someone to come to me. But I let her. She soon takes the strip of her dress, gently wrapping it around my wound. After she does that, she kisses it gently, causing me to roll my eyes. I smile slightly. "Thank you, princess." She smiles warmly at me as she kisses my cheek gently, causing my face to heat up slightly.