Chapter Five

Tick

Five

Tock

Four

Tick

Three

Tock

Two

Tick

One

Tock

Buzzzzzzz!

The end of day bell was music to your ears, packing up your things you walked from the classroom.
The weather outside was sunny and surprisingly warm seeing as it had been pouring with rain only hours before.
But you supposed changeable weather but just part of the Paradise bundle.

Spotting Newt leaning up against his car you ran toward him. As he saw you approaching his face split into a wide smile. He held his arms open for you and you barrelled into them.

"Ew, get a room!" Minho hollered.
You chuckled and stepped back slightly, pecking his slightly kiss-swollen lips once more.

Minho, Gally, Micky and Olly all approached you; Gally and Olly in deep conversation. Gally was waving his arms about as Olly laughed at whatever story he was telling. They seemed to be in their own little world before Minho coughed loudly and they looked up. A pink tinge blushed across Olly's cheeks as Gally fiddled with his fingers.

"So," Olly spoke up, "You guys go back to your houses, get your stuff then come to mine?"
"Okie dokie." Newt swung himself into the car and you walked around the back before sliding in.

-

"CHICKEN NUGGETS."
"WHAT?"
"CHICKEN NUGGETS."
"I CAN'T HEAR YOU."
"CHICKEN NUGGETS!"
Newt appeared in the doorway.
"What did you say you wanted?"
"Chicken nuggets."
"Okay." He disappeared downstairs.
"WITH FRIES." You hollered after him.

After you'd finished packing your bag you pulled the strings taught and dragged it after you down the stairs.
"Food will be here in five." Newt glanced over his shoulder as you set your bag down next to his. Newt had his back to you as he folded his laundry and piled it on the sofa; you walked over to him and wound your arms around his waist, propping your chin on his shoulder you gave him a quick kiss on the cheek.
He smiled.
"You're beautiful." He remarked, placing his hands atop yours and leaning his head back to capture your lips in his.
He turned in your embrace and wrapped his arms securely around you, one on the small of your back and one on the back of your neck under your hair. Your hands wove themselves into the locks of his soft hair, lips moving in sync.
Pushing. Pulling. Wanting. Needing.

The doorbell wrung and you smiled against Newt's lips.
"I should get that." He chuckled.
"Just one more." You laughed, pecking his lips one more time before untangling your limbs.

-

After you'd both finished your food you sat back on the sofa.
"We never had food like that back in the Glade and boy, do I love this grease." You sighed in content.
"Here," Newt jumped up, "I've got an idea."
He began pushing all the furniture against the wall.
You furrowed your brow. "What are you doing." A bemused tone in your voice.
"You'll see." He puffed.

When he'd successfully pushed all the furniture out the way with no help whatsoever from you, he stood in the middle.
He docked his phone onto your shared speaker and the beginning of a jazz song you didn't recognise began playing.
He held his hand out.
You smiled and took it; Newt pulled you against him and wound his arms around your waist as you draped yours over his shoulders, your fingers playing with the hair at the back of his neck.
You began to dance.

He swayed you side to side as you relished the feel of him against you. His large hands gripping your waist, his neck under your fingers and his hair running across your hands.
He rested his chin on your head as you rested yours on his chest.
He was solid. He was love. He was warm and cold and he was Newt.

A soft light broke apart the rustic clouds and spilled like paint through the room, falling upon the carpet where it danced along with you. Newt's soft lips kissed the top of your sun-warmed head. You smiled into his chest as he continued to sway you to the beat, his hands rubbing up and down your back.

Everything about the setting was soft: the carpet beneath your bare feet, the light peaking through the curtains, Newt's hair running through your fingers.
It was damn near perfect.

"Come on love. We have to get going." He spoke gently as the song ended. You moved your hands to his face, fingers tracing every inch, eyes memorising every part; the curve of his jaw, the arch of his brow, the colour of his eyes, the shape of his lips.
"Why me?" You asked.
"I don't understand." He replied.
"Why me? Why me when you could have anyone else? So many girls, hell, so many boys would be queuing. So why me?" You gazed up in awe at him.
"I don't care about them," he murmured, "all I could ever want is right here."

-

"So you decided to grace us with your presence!" Olly laughed as she threw open her door. She was wearing a blue bikini and had her towel draped over her shoulders as the ends of her frizzy hair dripped.
"The others are already in the pool." She skipped down the hall. The house she shared with Mickey was lavishly furnished; white leather sofas, cream wallpaper, a glass coffee table. Anyone looking at this house would think it was from the set of an interior design show, not this shucked up universe they now survived in.

"Let's go swimming."

Pfffttt this sucks and I'm terrible at updating sorry.

Okay I have nothing more to add except don't forget to vote and comment <3

I love you all and please stay strong
I love you, bye Noses :) x