Chapter Seven

The next day was, eventful.

Literature was first and it just went from bad to worse. As you had a supply teacher, the work was relatively easy and everyone finished fairly quickly which only left you to doodle and eavesdrop.
Eavesdrop on Newt and Esme arranging to meet up after school.

"So," Esme started as she played with the hem of Newt's shirt, "I was wondering if you wanted to get a head start on this project sir's planning on giving us and come over tonight?" She delicately and precisely put a pencil between her pearly white teeth and bit down on it.

Newt seemed to consider her offer, looking from her tight, black jeans to her well fitted V-neck shirt. Her blonde hair was done in simple waves that cascaded down her back and she had a smile to grace her face.

He looked for a minute like he was about to say no.
Good boy, you're learning.
"Okay," he shrugged, "you're gunna have to drive me when the bell goes though." he grinned.
Dear God, this girl better take a step back.

~

The rest of the day was a blur of notebooks, bells, pencils and classrooms; that is, until Crank History.
You wearily dragged yourself to the back of the room and threw your bags down, thinking you might have to join some sort of cult where they let you sacrifice people to the most violent of Gods.

"What ya daydreaming about?" you jumped, Chase and snuck up behind you and rested his chin on your shoulder. You could feel his hair on your cheek, it was soft and all you wanted to do was run your hands through the waves.
"Nothing." you said irritability, pushing his chin off and opening your notebook, eyes fixed intently on the board.

"Hey, sugar, what's happened?" he looked concerned but who could tell with boys anymore. Maybe you'd just date yourself and move in with Olly and Mickey.
"Nothing's wrong. I'm fine." even to you your voice seemed strange.
"Well in that case," he twirled a pencil between his fingers and caught your eye, "Hows about you come out with me tonight?"
You were about to decline when you remembered the smile on your boyfriends face when he arranged to meet up with Esme without so much as a thought about you.
"So say I accept your offer, where would you take me?" You raised your eyebrows.
"You'll see. I'll pick you up at four, give you some time to get changed."
He was enchanting and lovely yet alluring and dark and you couldn't figure out how he had you crushing on  him so quickly.

He brushed your hand with his and the almost feel of him set your heart ablaze.

In retrospect, he was probably the highlight of your day.

Olly and Mickey were doing some sort of lunch club and somehow managed to drag Gally along with them; Minho appeared to have made some new friends and hung out with a gang of very muscular looking boys in red jackets.
Newt was nowhere to be seen.
You spent lunch sat alone, picking at your food before throwing it away, generally giving off a touch-me-and-I'll-gut-you vibe.

~

The end of day bell could not have come soon enough. You raced to your car, strapped yourself in and revved the engine, the squeal of tyres on the road following you as you sped home.

You pulled into the drive and flung yourself from from your car, ran up the path and slammed your door.

Hurtling up the stairs and tripping twice, you opened your wardrobe and surveyed the scene. Complete carnage of jeans and tops.

After much deliberation you selected some baggy jeans and a little black shirt that you smoothed down. You were just lacing up your shoes when the door bell rang; you dashed across the hall and threw open the door.

Chase stood there, lean body lent against the doorframe. He was dressed in black as usual with his dark eyes glinting.
"You look nice." he smirked.
"You don't scrub up to bad yourself." you tilted your head.
"My my," he winked, "are you flirting with me sugar."
"If I was?"
He said nothing, only smiled and grabbed your hand, pulling you out of the house, barely giving you time to lock up.

Parked on the grass was a sleek, black motorbike. Before you had even contemplated the situation Chase had swung himself onto the bike and fixed his helmet.

"You coming?" he held out another helmet. Your look of apprehension must of shown on your face because he softened his expression and reached out to you.
"It's okay baby, I'm experienced."
So, against your better judgment, you fastened your helmet and climbed onto the back of Chase's bike.

"Wrap your arms 'round me baby, c'mon, don't be shy."
You slowly curled your arms around his waist, blushing at the nickname, feeling the faint line of his abs through his thin shirt.
Chase revved the engine and kicked off.

Initially, you had your head buried in his shoulder with your fists balled into the fabric of his shirt but as the ride went on you raised your head and loosened your grip, facing the wind and laughing, the sound snatched away almost immediately by the chilly Autumn wind. It was innocence and fun and childlike and yet it was dangerous and exhilarating. Chase managed to be more than one thing at once and you loved it.

~

"Is this where you take all your dates?" you pulled off your helmet and let your hair fall about your head.
"Only the cute ones." he turned his head so he was almost nose-to-nose with you, his breath hot on your face.
"Chase-"
"Y/n, we both know that right at this very minute Newt and Esme are snuggled up somewhere doing God knows what, and having fun. I know this because they are in my Geography. They are most certainly more intimate than this, and you won't even sit with me?" He threw his hands up incredulously.
You glanced over his shoulder.
"Well then let's go." you hooked your helmet onto one of the handle bars and grasped Chase's hand tightly in yours, still not knowing quite what you were doing, you let him lead you into a bar.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU!! I HOPE YOU HAD AN AMAZING DAY AND GOT LOADS OF STUFF BUT IF YOU DON'T CELEBRATE THEN I HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY <3

lol at me for finally updating and getting to the story line but seriously though Chase is honestly sexy af (like phew he is smoking)

Also shout out to my best friend who made me cry with her present, now my grandparents think I'm an over emotional teen. (ily really)

(rushed bc I'm tired)
Hope you have an amazing time, bye noses :)