Summary

Twenty- four year old Reagan Renne Walker left the tiny town that she grew up in in Wyoming five years ago to fulfill her dream of opening an equine therapy ranch in Montana. Well that, and also because of the way things ended between her and her childhood friend, Swayde McAllister.
     Reagan's parents died when she was just seven years old in a tragic car accident. Mallory, Reagan's older sister, was just thirteen at the time, and still too young to care for both herself and her sister. As a result, Reagan and Mallory were forced to live with their grandparents in Wyoming. Grandma and Grandpa Walker, affectionately called Mamaw and Papaw, sent both girls through school and college. Reagan planned on living with her grandparents until she could find another place to stay, but even then, she never imagined leaving Wyoming. That is until after her unexpected relationship with Swayde took a turn for the worst, then all Reagan could think about was that she couldn't get out of Wyoming fast enough.
    Swayde McAllister is your typical, rugged cowboy. His smile was enough to melt any girls heart, his eyes made it seem like the sun was always shining, even in the worst storm, his square jaw line accented his dark beard, his body thick with muscles. His physical features and build were intimidating at times, and didn't always match his laid back, easy going, gentlemanly personality.
     Swayde never thought he would fall for feisty Reagan, and even more so, Reagan never thought that she would fall for him. They had grown up together, thus making them best friends. But somehow, the two ended up in a perfect relationship, leaving them utterly and completely in love, and even talking about marriage, but a long kept secret quickly changed that.
     Reagan knew she would never be the same after she found out about the secret Swayde had kept from her for over ten years. Confiding in her grandma, Reagan finds out that her grandparents knew the secret all along too. Even her sister knew, and didn't tell Reagan! How could the people she thought loved her hurt her so bad- and keep this big of a secret from her for so long?
     A tragedy back in Wyoming forces Reagen away from the life she had created in Montana and makes her move back to the town she swore she would never go back to.
     Through God, can Reagan find a way to forgive the people who hurt her, or will she forever consider Alpine Ridge "Heartbreak Town?"