Chapter Nineteen

Closing her truck door behind her, Renne pulled down on her form fitting light blue pearl snap shirt she was wearing. She felt like she was over dressed to just go see her sister and spend time with the kids, but Swayde was also in the picture. He used to always tell Renne that blue was his favorite color on her. "It makes your eyes pop." Swayde would tell her. But, blue was also Renne's favorite color. That was the reason why she was wearing a blue shirt, right? It had nothing to do with Swayde. Renne smiled at herself as she knew it had everything to do with Swayde in this instance.

     The heels of Renne's boots clicked against the wooden floor boards of Swayde's porch as she walked up the steps to the door. Forming her hand into a shaking fist, Renne let it fall against the door three times before stepping back. A couple seconds later, Swayde's face appeared at the door. With a smile, Swayde pushed open the screen door, stepping aside to let Renne in.

     "Hey." Swayde greeted, looking Renne up and down. "You look nice today."

     The swarm of butterflies returned in Renne's stomach as she looked up at Swayde. "Thank you." Renne smiled, placing a soft kiss on his cheek as she passed him walking into his house.

     The screen door slammed shut behind where Renne stood in Swayde's living room. Two strong, warm arms slowly wrapped around Renne's waist from behind. Loving the feeling of being close to him, Renne closed her eyes, leaning into Swayde's hold.

     "I missed you." Swayde breathed out, placing a soft kiss on the top of Renne's head. Renne knew that Swayde didn't mean that he missed her since yesterday; no, it was a very long awaited time that had built up over the years of them being apart, six years apart, to be exact- that's what Swayde was talking about.

     With a smile, Renne rubbed her hands over where Swayde's rested on her waist. "I missed you, too." She replied, honestly. Turning, Renne faced Swayde, wrapping her arms tightly around his middle. Resting her head on his muscular chest, she breathed in his scent. She never wanted to let him go.

      Renne wondered what Matt would think if he saw her and Swayde wrapped in each other like they were now, but her and Matt were on a break, so was she still cheating on Matt with Swayde? Even though Swayde is the man that her heart had never gotten over? Praying for forgiveness, Renne asked God why, if this was so wrong of them, then why did it feel so right?

     Swayde knew it was wrong of him to be so in love with another man's girl; he was breaking a commandment, he knew, and he asked God to forgive him. But, Swayde is human; he knew what he was doing, and he knew in a few days, Renne would be back in Montana with Matt. That didn't stop him from enjoying his time with Renne, however, as wrong as it may seem.

    Taking in a breath, Swayde kissed the top of Renne's hair. Reluctantly pulling away, he said, "I made you pancakes." Taking Renne's hand in his, Swayde led her into the kitchen, pointing at two plates on the kitchen table. "Sit down, relax, and I will serve you." Swyade pulled out a chair for Renne, helping her push it in once she sat down.

     "Thank you, Swayde." Renne smiled, setting her car keys beside her on the table.

     "Here you are, my dear." Swayde set down on the table a plate full of steaming pancakes. Making a second trip back to the kitchen, Swayde grabbed Renne's drink and syrup.

     "You know me so well, Swayde McAllister." Renne smiled when Swayde gave Renne a cup of black coffee. Based on the smell, Renne could tell that he had added cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla to the cup; just the way Renne liked it.

     Smiling, Swayed laid his napkin out across his lap. Reaching across the table, Swayde held out a hand. "Let's pray before we eat."

     Renne grabbed Swayde's hand, bowing her head as he prayed. Swayde thanked God for another day of life, the time that they get to spend with Mallory and her family today, and lastly, he thanked God for Renne.