Are You The One For Me? (5) - Edited.

CALLISTA'S POV:

In Mr. Hills' room, the three of us, Eric, Grant and I were all placed in separate chairs a few feet away from each other.

It was my first time being in Mr. Hills' room - ever - and I was nervous as hell. For some reason, I felt like I would end up being in trouble the most, even though I was a part of it by a fraction.

"Now, I want to know how all this happened," Mr. Hills got right to the point. "Start from the beginning."

Both Eric and Grant started talking at the same time, which led to another argument and caused Mr. Hills to start yelling again.

"First, Callista, you speak," Mr. Hills ordered. "And you two better keep quiet." he gave them both the evil eye before turning back to me.

I gulped and cleared my throat. I told Mr. Hills everything that had happened from the beginning to the end. I left nothing out and there were times when Grant had tried to jump in and "correct me", which made Eric angry, and Mr. Hills even furious because if that continued, we'd be going nowhere.

After that was done, Mr. Hills decided he wanted to hear the guys' side of the story. But, there was one problem. He wanted to hear the story by himself and it was hard figuring out how to separate us.

It was like a game of crossing the river with the fox, hen, and egg. Grant and I couldn't be together. because he'd definitely try to start something with me. Grant and Eric couldn't be together because no doubt they were going to start fighting again.

So, in the end, it was decided that Eric and I would wait outside and Grant would be the first to speak with Mr. Hills. After that, Mr. Hills would give me a late pass and I would be able to go to class while Eric got his turn afterwards.

Eric and I were seated outside the main office on a single wooden bench. I chose to sit as far away from Eric as humanely possible. I was inches from the edge and had to hold on to the arm to keep myself from sliding off.

Eric sighed deeply and lowered his body to rest his head against the back of the bench. He began to softly hit the wall with the back of his head.

I couldn't stand the silence between us and I still needed answers to the questions that were swimming around in my head.

"What was the need-" I started and at the same time Eric said, "I'm sorry."

I sighed this time and turned my head towards him.

"For what?" I wanted to know.

"For getting you in trouble. I'm sure you've never even had to step inside the Principle's office in your whole life before today." he muttered.

"Vice Principle," I felt the need to correct. "And I actually have. In the fifth grade after I got third place in the yearly Spelling Bee, I came to collect my reward."

God, I sound like such a huge nerd, I groaned to myself. Why can't I just know when to stop? Jeez-us!

Eric smiled. "That's cool."

Why does he keep saying that? It's not cool! I complained to myself.

I noticed that when Eric smiled, that the skin around his lips cracked and a small trickle of blood started pouring out.

"Your mouth is bleeding." I stated simply.

"Is it?" he pressed a finger to his lower lip and held it for two seconds before bringing it back in front of his face. "Hmm. I suppose it is."

I sighed in exasperation. "What was the need to do all that, anyway?"

Eric swung his head at me and I noticed his features changing. He was growing angry again. I could hope at the time that he wouldn't strike out on me as well.