Are You The One For Me? (18) - Edited.

CALLISTA'S POV:

After the carnival night, things changed drastically between Eric and I. It was from that point on that our relationship started expanding.

We started going out on dates more and more often starting from then on. Sometimes it was every night after we were done with our homework and sometimes it was right after school on Friday when we had nothing to do.

I was always kind of nervous and afraid of going on dates alone with Eric in the beginning. Maybe it was the fact that I've never done this sort of thing before or maybe I had read way too many teen magazines, but somehow Eric understood and helped me get over it. He hadn't seemed bothered by my fears or even accusative of them.

So, Eric started inviting Dylan along on our dates. I knew it was more by force than involuntarily since Dylan never looked happy when he was with us. He could've easily refused or even walked out on us Eric and I got too "lovey-dove" - as he liked to call us - but he never did. He always stayed by. He never got too close though, he'd always be a safe distance behind or in front of us and he never got in our way.

I was fortunate and glad that Dylan was always there, but sometimes it got kind of awkward. Especially when Eric left me alone with him and all there was between us was a never ending silence that stretched on and on.

Maybe Dylan enjoyed the fact that he got to spend some time with Eric since he hardly ever saw him anymore. I was sorry for taking Eric away from him, but it was still too hard for me to speak around Dylan for me to actually tell him that. I tried to speak to Eric about it, but something always came up or he'd say something in the middle and I'd get sidetracked. I didn't mean to take Eric away from his best friend just like Eric didn't mean to take me away from Niya.

But, these things are bound to happen when you're in a relationship and especially when it's your very first one and you have absolutely no idea how things are normally supposed to be.

I decided that I was just being irrational and things would all turn out right in the end. We'd all soon find time to be together and have fun again with our best friends.

People make a lot of mistakes in their lifetimes, but that one thing I had decided on turned out to be the BIGGEST mistake I could've ever made.

DYLAN'S POV:

What my plan to get my head back in order was to stay away from Callista and Eric.

For the most part, it was already working, because those two have been consecutively going on dates and I hadn't seen Eric in almost a week. But, then all of a sudden, Eric called me up one day and invited me to go to the movies with him and Callista. I went along, thinking he just wanted to hang with him, but then the calls kept coming. Sometimes it was to stay with them for an hour or two at the park or mall, then it turned to full night things where they'd go to dinner together and I'd just sit there at the table with them or they'd go bowling and I'd be there tagging alone.

Sure, Eric payed for my food and other expenses, but he already ever said another word to me before and after. I wasn't too sure what was going on at first, but then when Eric explained to me that sometimes Callista got frightened being with him, I understood. Eric thought it'd be nice to always have a friend with them, but it was always me. I figured they'd call over Niya or Sam sometimes, but no, it was always me.

It got annoying, of course, because hey, I had better things to do than go on third wheel dates every night. Like homework, watching TV, dinner with my family, and the biggest thing of all: trying to keep myself sane. Because let's face it, being near Callista was only making me crazier.

When I saw how happy she was, I found myself smiling along like an idiot. When she was upset or angry at Eric, I felt the same.

She was changing me and I didn't like it.

But, there was nothing I could do about it, because Eric needed me supposedly and a part of me really did enjoy going along on those dates.

Somehow, I felt like I was protecting Callista in a way.

I had no idea from whom or what, but it felt nice.

The things that Eric had told me about Callista were becoming more and more clear with every date I accompanied her on now that I was around her all the time. On the dinner dates, she ordered mostly salads and fruit. At parties, she preferred to wear her usual black t-shirt, jeans and converses. Even on the hottest days, Callista would keep her hair and in front of her at all time. If Eric ever pushed her long locks back, a few seconds later, she'd place them back in her face.

Eric was a great guy and he really cared for Callista. He was everything I wasn't. Kind, sweet, gentle, loving. Whereas I was nothing but cruel, horrible, a jerk, and stupid. I really wished there was some way I could make it up to her. But, it wasn't something I could just blurt out without embarrassing her all over again.

I knew Eric was really crazy over Callista - he's always been since day one - but I couldn't help feeling the same way. I had no idea what was up with me, but whenever Eric and Callista were together, I just felt like pushing Eric out of the way and claiming Callista as my own. But, when they were separate - which was hardly ever - and Callista was back to her dull and gray life, I didn't feel it...too much.

But, Eric was my friend and I couldn't just betray him like that.

All I had to do was slowly detach myself from those two and let myself move on to someone way better and prettier; someone perfect. Someone who The One for me.

So, that's exactly what I did.

First, I started out by refusing Eric when he made me go on those dates with him. That was only the beginning. I tried to do other things too, to keep me and my feelings out of Callista and Eric's relationship.

I've done a lot of things wrong in my life and taken a lot of wrong decisions, but I think it was the night that I stopped accompanying Eric and Callista on their dates that had to be my BIGGEST mistake yet.

A/N: Well, people make mistakes on a daily basis, but it's the tiny ones that end up making the biggest mess, don't you think? And this ch. was all about mistakes and what effects they've got to do with the story later on.

What both Callista & Dylan are going through right now is very similar, but neither one of them know that or will admit to it. Both have a very dear and close friend they can and will share it with though, so they'll soon start getting into the story as well.

For now, it'll be little snippets of each others' feelings and other stuff and the real drama will start a little later. But, not too late. It'll probably be in the late twenties or early thirties.

Till then, keep reading my lovelies, it'll all make sense soon enough!! =)

Are You The One For Me?On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara