Are You The One For Me? (14) - Edited.

DYLAN'S POV:

Well, Eric and Callista were officially a couple and I had absolutely no idea what to think about that. I knew Eric liked Callista from the very beginning, but I could've never imagined they'd actually turn out to be a couple.

I knew I did the right thing by talking to Callista and telling her that there was nothing left between us; no lies, no fights, no rejection, none of that. We were starting fresh. We were strangers. I felt nothing for her and she felt nothing for me. It was a new beginning.

But, the talk didn't seem to have done anything for her. She still cowered beneath my gaze and clung to Eric as if he were her lifesaver. When Eric left her to get her lunch, Callista seriously looked like he had just left her to drown. She seemed so frightened, I actually felt bad for her.

Of course she should feel scared. She was surrounded by guys she didn't know and possibly didn't like her. I was friends with Sam and sort of knew Dave when the whole debacle happened between Callista and I, so they had a pretty good idea of just what kind of girl Callista was.

We didn't really pay attention to Callista as she waited for Eric's return, but I couldn't help looking over to her a few times. Her hands were shaking and her head was down, but she was watching us just the same.

She probably expected us to have talked to her or said something. I had no idea what was going on in her head, but she seemed oddly frustrated at herself.

When Eric returned, she was happy once again, but when he offered her food, she looked upset again. I probably shouldn't have been watching her so carefully, but she was an odd creature; you just had to watch her to see what move she made next. All her thoughts were visible on her face. Her fear shone through her eyes, her lies were easy to make out through the stutter in her voice, and the way her lips molded together, you could tell she wasn't really happy.

But, if Eric got close enough to her, she melted. All her worries, troubles, lies, everything vanished and she finally seemed at peace.

Too bad, someone wasn't exactly enjoying the scene playing out before him and decided to come up with a rude remark that ruined everything for them.

►♥◄

After coughing exaggeratedly and causing Callista and Eric to pull away from each other, Dave smirked and said, "Hey, you know that's weird?"

"What?" I asked, only because I knew if someone didn't, he'd go on being super annoying until he had everyone's full attention.

"Well, last year, Callista liked you and now this year, she's moved onto Eric." Dave stated.

"Yeah, so?" I tried not to look pissed off by his question, because I knew that's exactly what Dave was wanting.

"So, doesn't that make you like jealous or anything?"

I turned my head towards him. "No, it doesn't," I could feel Callista's eyes on me and I wondered what she was thinking. "Should it?"

"Nah, I'm just sayin'," Dave continued. "If you did, then that would make some messed up kind of love triangle, don't you think?"

Callista had her head down, but there was visible fear in her eyes. I wondered what she was scared for and then I noticed. Eric's whole face and body had changed. The expression on his face was cold and angry. His body was tense and he looked like he was holding himself back.

I felt bad for Dave, because he was so going to get it, but not bad enough to help him. He deserved it. What was the point in him picking a fight with Eric like this all of a sudden? We've both seen Eric in a fight before - why, it was just the other day - and it wasn't pretty, so I didn't get what Dave was trying to do.