Are You The One For Me? (16) - Edited.

DYLAN'S POV:

It's been a week since Eric and Callista have been dating and though I should be used to their lovey-dove moments, I'm far from it. Everyday, I was forced to walk home with Callista and Niya just to get some guy time with Eric. We no longer took the bus, because apparently the more time those love birds spent together, the happier they were.

Sometimes we'd just be walking and all of a sudden things would turn all gushy and kiss-y with those two, and Niya and I were left feeling awkward and bored.

It didn't matter where those two were going, Eric just had to include me and the more time I spent with Callista and Eric, the worse I felt. I had no idea what was wrong with me but ever since I saw them kissing in the rain that day, I've felt something in me - it was like this heavy, burn in my heart - that stayed with me all the time.

I had no idea what to think of it or how to get rid of it. I didn't understand it or why it was happening to me - until the night I was invited to go along with Callista and Eric to a carnival.

►♥◄

Eric had once again practically begged me to come along with him and Callista and like every time, I gave in and went with them just to shut Eric up and not seem like a bad friend.

And just like every time, I regretted it and was bored the whole time.

"Guys, you can stare at each other as much as you want later!" I groaned. "Can we please go do something fun!"

"Yeah, yeah, J. D. Salinger," I couldn't help raising my eyebrows at the fact that Eric actually know who that was. But, then again, he was pretty smart. He had some really impressive grades on his transcript. "You'll understand how it feels when you get your own girlfriend." He added, kissing Callista loudly on the side of her face. She giggled and hugged him closer.

I swear those two were always right on top of each other and even that wasn't close enough for them.

"Yeah, like that'll ever happen." I scoffed.

For some reason, I couldn't help looking over at Callista when I said that. She had her eyes on Eric though, so I couldn't read her expression. Not that I cared what her reaction to that would be, of course.

"Hey, you shouldn't sell yourself so short!" Eric claimed. "You'll find someone just as awesome as I have."

"Oh yeah, like who?" I challenged.

"I don't," Eric shrugged. "Maybe you'd have found her sooner if you were more social."

"Hey, I am social!"

Eric shook his head at me. "I hate to break it to you, buddy, but there's a difference between being friendly and being socially active."

I opened my mouth to say something smart back, but he was right. As always.

"Well, if you're so smart with these kinds of things, why don't you find me someone to be with?" I decided.

"OK, I will!" Eric grinned.

He started turning his head left and right, over his shoulder and a few feet in front of him.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "What are you doing?"

"Ooh, there's a cute girl over there!" he pointed towards the roller coasters. "Let's get on a ride with her! Come on, Cal."

Eric grabbed Callista by the hand and me by the arm and started dragging both of us toward the coasters.