Are You The One For Me? (9) - Edited.

ERIC'S POV:

I watched sadly and in despair as Callista ran away from me. I couldn't believe this was happening. How could she do this?

I turned around and got ready to stalk inside the cafeteria. This was a bad idea. I shouldn't have attacked and pressured her like that, but I just couldn't help it. I missed her. I had gotten so used to seeing that sweet smile of Callista's and her warm brown eyes, her gentle words and her interesting personality.

"Hey." I heard a voice say.

I looked over and saw Dylan. He had a weird look on his face and I wondered what was up with him.

"Hi." I mumbled.

"So, what was all that about?" I felt my face reddened; I hadn't realized anyone was around. I had made sure we were the only two in the halls, so I could talk to Callista alone, but I guess I wasn't too careful.

I felt like lying to Dylan at first, but then realized I had a lot I needed to get off my chest and he was just what I needed right then.

"I have no idea, man," I could feel my face breaking and my voice cracking. "I have no idea what's up with her. You know how I feel about Callista and all of a sudden, she's acting so cold with me as if I don't even exist; as if I'm nothing to her. I don't get it. What'd I do wrong? I wish someone would just explain it to me, so I could understand her better and get her back."

Dylan sighed deeply in a way that made me feel like he had a lot inside him too.

"I think I know why." he finally said.

"What do you mean?" I looked up, hope filling my eyes.

"I'm the reason why Callista's acting that way with you." As soon as those words were out of Dylan's mouth, anger filled my head and I was ready to punch him in the face without even hearing what he had to say about that. But, I held myself back, because it was important. "You see, when we were young...something happened."

"What happened?" I said through my teeth.

"Whoa, man, you need to calm down first."

"I am calm."

"I'm serious, Eric," I noticed Dylan take a few steps back. "I need to know you're not going to attack me before I even have the right words out."

I took a few deep breaths, then nodded. "Yeah, fine. I promise I won't. Just get on with it."

"OK, so from fifth grade to I think, seventh, Callista's kind of had a...crush on me," Dylan winced a little and looked up at me with sorry eyes. "I knew 'cause one of her classmates saw a picture with hearts around it of me in her yearbook and he told me. I didn't believe him at first, but when I started thinking of the clues, it actually made sense. But, I didn't really...feel the same way. I didn't know how to tell her that, because she seemed like one of those waterworks type of girl, so I just ignored her for a while. But, then she got super annoying and I just couldn't take it anymore. I was getting a lot of shit from my friends and that kind of drove me to be mean to her and embarrass her in front of everyone," Dylan watched me for a few seconds, probably testing my reaction, before going on. "Of course I never heard the end of it from Niya since then. But, that didn't stop Callista.  A few months at the end of seventh grade, I started getting these notes from Callista and Niya of how Callista no longer liked me and actually hated my guts and stuff. Of course, my friends didn't understand that and thought it was more love notes, but this time they were from me to her. So, I got more pissed at her and I hated her for a billion and one reasons, never stopping to think that maybe it wasn't really Callista's fault at all, but actually Niya's since Callista wasn't even brave enough to make eye contact with me, so how in the hell was she even going to be able to send me love notes out of all things?!

Dylan sighed deeply and I felt the weight of all that he had said settled down on my shoulders. I had never thought all of that could've taken place between Dylan - my new best friend - and Callista - my new love. How could they both keep all this from me for so long? How could they just go on being with me while all this was between them? Well, Callista tried to go on, but she'd given up before anything real could happen.

"OK," I started running my hands through my hair. "That's...a lot to take in, but OK." I nodded. "Continue. Is there more?" I almost didn't want to hear the rest, but I needed to know the full story, if I was going to try to fix everything between Callista and Dylan.

"Yeah, but listen man," Dylan started walking back towards me. "I know Callista no longer has any feelings left for me whatsoever. I can see it in her eyes - I'm not lying-!" Dylan came right up to me and grabbed me by the shoulders. "-Callista is really into you and she likes you ten times more than she's every liked me. Believe me."

I shook my head. "I get what you're saying Dylan, and I forgive you for what you've done and the things you've said, but as to whether Callista has feelings for me or not.... Well, I'll be the judge of that." I smirked, then turned on my heels and went down the hallway opposite the cafeteria.

A/N: So, another Eric ch. for you guys. How was it? Did you like it? Was it emotional enough for you? OK, maybe not yet. But, it will be.

So, you're probably wondering where all of this is going, huh? Like, why is Callista being so stubborn? Why is Niya such a bad helper? Why is Eric so persistent for Callista? Why is Dylan just now speaking up?

Why am I asking you all these questions if I'm not going to give you any of the answers until you've reached at least the twenties? I have NO IDEA. But, I like teasing & taunting my readers & dearies. =D Don't worry, it'll all come together soon enough for you to understand EVERYTHING!! =)