Are You The One For Me? (2) - Edited.

ERIC'S POV:

When I first moved into town, I figured the school would be crawling with cute girls, but there wasn't a single one that had been able to catch my eye as of yet. The school was big, yeah, but there just wasn't anything too special about it; there wasn't anything here that that I hadn't seen back at my old school.

I was quick to make friends though, which wasn't surprising, since I had been placed in the biggest class in the whole school. The eight grade honor's class. I knew I was smart, but who knew I was smart enough to actually be placed in an honor's class? I sure didn't.

But, anyway, I wasn't too focused on that. What I really was, was on the girls in my class. There weren't just smart, they were pretty too, but their beauty got in the way of their true personalities. They were all so snooty and thought too high of themselves. None of them was good enough to pique my interest.

I was asking some of my new friends - Dylan, Sam, and Dave - about the girls in the other classes during lunch, when I finally found her; the one I was looking for.

►♥◄

My eyes landed on her while I was surveying the lunch room. She sat alone and she wasn't eating either. She wore a black t-shirt with gray skinny jeans and a pair of red converses. Dylan was the only one who had noticed me staring at her.

"What are you looking at?" he asked.

"That girl," I nodded my head towards her. "Who is she? What's her name?"

Dylan followed my eyes and I noticed a weird look cross her face.

"Oh, her." he sounded disgusted as he acknowledged her.

"Do you know her?" I asked him hopefully.

"Yeah." Dylan scowled and I wondered what could be so bad about the girl that Dylan had to react this way towards her.

When Dylan didn't clarify his answer, I asked, "How?"

"She used to be in my fifth grade class. She's pretty quiet, doesn't talk much, you must know the type." he answered nonchalantly.

"Yeah," I replied absentmindedly. There were so many other questions flying around through my head, but one stood out from all the rest. "Hey, do you know if she has a boyfriend or anything?"

Dylan made a sound mixed between a laugh and a scoff. I resisted the urge to glare at him.

"Ah, nah. I don't think so."

"Good." I murmured under my breathe.

Dylan crossed his arms over his chest and leaned in forward. 

"Why are you asking anyway?"

"She's pretty, is all," I muttered. "Wonder why she's not taken."

When I looked back over at the girl, I found her looking towards me. She must've noticed my eyes on her for a while.

"You seriously like her?" Dylan asked then with a surprised look on his face.

I watched as the girl quickly looked away.

I nodded. "Yep. I'm gonna go talk to her!"

I pushed myself up from the table before I could change my mind or Dylan could make anymore faces or comments about her.

"Good luck getting her to talk." I heard Dylan say before I walked away from him.

We were only a few feet away from each other; my table was on the left of hers. I swear, the closer I got, the prettier she seemed to get.