Chapter 26

Noah stopped in his tracks and his eyes went wide. Kyle stopped around a foot ahead of him and looked back.

"S... Sister? How? i've known her for years and she's the only child."

"We're not blood.... I'm adopted. Her dad adopted me with his boyfriend." Kyle explained. Noah was getting really confused. None of this was making sense. "What are you talking about? Jessica has both her parents."

Kyle shook his head. "The guy her moms with now is her step-dad. Her real dad left her mom for a guy when she was 3. That's why she's like this. It's why she doesn't like gay people." Kyle explained.

"But.... That's not fair." Noah stated. "I know it's not. I'm just telling you why she's like this. She hates me just because I'm her dads and his boyfriends child." Kyle explained. Noah sighed. "OK, thanks for telling me."

Kyle nodded. "Yep.."

They continued walking until they had to split up, then they went their own way. When Noah got home, he went inside and quickly to his room. He kicked off his shoes and put on more comfortable home clothes. He then quickly grabbed his phone and called Natasha. She answered after a few rings.

"Hello?" She said.

"I found something out about Jessica."

"What?"

"She has a brother. And her dad left when she was younger. He left for a guy and that's why she's so hateful." Noah explained.

"Huh... Did not see that coming."

"Yeah, no kidding.... I think we should confront her about this."

"Eh?!" On the other side of the line, Natasha's eyes went wide. "You can't be serious! What do you mean?!" She pretty much yelled into the phone receiver.

Noah sighed. "I know it sounds crazy, but something has to be done or she'll keep doing what she's doing. And I don't feel like ending up in the hospital again."

"Yeah, you're right... But you're not going it alone. You're taking Gage and I with you."

"Fine."

-Skip To the Next Morning-

Noah, Gage, and Natasha went to school a little bit earlier the next morning and waited inside Gage's car. 'Sure, now he picks me up', Noah had thought silently to himself, still bitter about the day before. He waited for Jessica to walk by.

When she did, they got out of the car and the trio walked up to her. "Jessie." Noah said, using Jessica's nickname. She stopped walking and slowly turned to face them. Her eyes were cold as she glared darkly at them. "What the hell do you idiots want?" She growled.

"Jessie-" Jessica cut Noah off.

"Do NOT call me that! Only my friends can call me that!" She hissed in a sour tone.

"Jessica. You don't have to be like this." Natasha said. "We know what you're father did, but that is no reason to go around treating us like shit. Not every gay person is like that. Do you think straight people don't cheat and leave?" Natasha glared back and crossed her arms.

Jessica growled and turned, trying to walk away. "Why do you have to do this?! We have always been there for you! Always honest! So you could drop and betray us like this?!" Noah finally broke down and yelled. Jessica didn't respond as she quickly went inside the school. Noah just wanted to scream in frustration.

-Skip School-

"You're going to hang out with Echo again??" Noah crossed his arms as he looked up at Gage, annoyed and mad. "I thought we were going to hang out."

"I'm sorry, but he texted me and asked." Gage frowned. Noah looked away and shook his head. "Whatever, do what you want." He turned to walk away, but Gage wrapped his arm around his shoulder and pulled him back against his chest. "I'll cancel my plans." He said as he held him close. "If it will make you happy, I will do it. I'll even stop talking to him."

Noah sighed, feeling guilty. "No, you don't have to do that... I'm sorry.... You're the total package and I just don't want to lose you...." He admitted, looking down. Gage smiled a little and turned Noah around to face him. "Hey, I'm glad you feel like that. It means you really do love me. But you have nothing to worry about, OK? I'm yours and your only."

Noah blushed and looked down. Gage grabbed his chin and pecked his lips. "You are the only one for me. Here, I'll cancel mine and Echo's plans and we can hang out, OK? We'll make it a movie night, just the two of us." Gage suggested. Noah slowly nodded. "Alright."

Gage grinned and grabbed his hand, leading him towards the exit.