Uninvited Guests

Readers POV

Your name is (f/n l/n) and you are completely lost. Leave it to you to get lost only 15 minutes outside of your neighborhood. Your mother dropped you off at a friends and gave you bus fare and directions to the nearest stop, but as you look out to the expanse of this cookie cutter neighborhood, you feel a pang of desperation.
  Your phone is dead and you have walked far enough away from your friends' place that you wouldn't be able to locate it again. You curse your poor planning skills and begin to walk until you can find the nearest business to see if you can find a phone.
   While humming along to your favorite song, you start to feel a twing of uncertainty. Forcing your eyes off the ground you realize that the houses around you have changed. No longer are they quaint two-stories with curtains in the windows, these were hives.
   As every human knows, trolls live in hives. Your mother would kill you if she knew you'd gotten lost in a troll neighborhood. Long forgotten were the days when the worst place you could find yourself in were the slums. Now you had bigger problems. A quick check behind you confirms that you were already well into this development. This is a nightmare, you could be beaten up, raped or even killed just for being here. Keeping your head down you decide to pick up the pace to try to get out a soon as possible. You feel yourself lose balance and watch as the pavement comes barreling toward your face.

Karkat's POV

Your name is Karkat Vantas and you've just found a human in front of your hive. She appears to be unconscious  and had several scrapes on her arms and a bruise forming on her forehead. Part of you thinks you should just leave her out here, but you know she wouldn't last long. You pray no one is watching as you lift her in your arms and walk back inside your hive. You lay her down on your couch and go to the kitchen to get the first aid kit and a pack of ice. 'WHAT IS SHE DOING HERE?' You think to yourself. It isn't normal for a human to be in a trollian neighborhood without an escort. You hope that she wasn't here to be a nuisance. Many people liked to come and vandalize the hives, you didn't see any bird ovals, or spray cylinders on her, but you can never be sure.
   Re-entering the living area you find her still knocked out, but she's moved a little, you assume she will wake soon. 
   While you wait you begin to address her wounds. You clean up the scrapes with water and a napkin, you aren't sure if humans can tolerate the same cleaning solution as trolls but you figure this couldn't hurt. You examine the forming bruise. It's purple. Shit she is way higher on the caste than you.
   Admittingly you don't know an incredible amount about humans, but you didn't know they also had a hemospectrum. You glance again at the scrapes and notice they are red. Was she a mutant or a high blood? You really wanted to find out. Maybe when she wakes you can ask. Gently placing the ice on her forehead, she shifts and groans a little. Still not awake.
   Curiosity strikes, you decide to go through her things. She carries with her a small bag, you dump the contents on your coffee table and rummage through. A cellular phone, a wallet, a few reddish colored tubes of some sort, a few folded pieces of paper, three pencils, and a small sketch pad. You click the phone to find that it is dead, no luck for calling her lusus for her. You open her wallet, you see her student I.D that told you that her name was (f/n l/n) and she went to your school.     
  Suddenly you recognized her, you had English together.
  She's always been really quiet, which is probably why you didn't recognize her instantly. But still you find yourself wondering why she's out here, where she was going, how she got hurt... You suppose you'll have to wait for her to wake up. But if she's not stirring in the next 20 minutes you'll... You'll... You can't take her to a hospital, trolls aren't allowed there... But if she's seriously injured or dies or something, you'll be blamed... You guess you'll call Kanaya to help, she's pretty skilled at treating the wounded. Or maybe Sollux to tap into her phone, so you can call her lusus to get her. Until then, you settle to continue snooping through her things. You know it's not very polite, but it's also not polite to show up unannounced in front of someone's house completely unconscious. So you figure it's a two way street. You find yourself curious about the sketch pad, you start to flip through and find sketches of people from school. 'That's John from my math class talking to Jake, they look like they could be twins but they aren't even remotely related.' You think. And that looks like Rose Lalonde from gym class, you only see her in her gym clothes, but here she's wearing a dress and it looks like she's with a troll, you can't see the trolls face, but the horns look an awful lot like Kanaya's. You keep flipping through, finding pictures of Equius and Nepeta, one of Eridan, a group of trolls and humans together and you stop at one. It's a drawing of you, your head is rested in your arms on a desk, you look kind of mad in the picture. Is that how she sees you? Just mad? You know you are usually mad at school, but you have many layers... You notice (f/n) is starting to wake up. You quickly slam the pad shut and stuff her things back into the bag.
   "(F/n)?" She blinks widely at you and tries to focus her vision.
   "Karkat?"