Mixed Feelings

Karkat's POV

"Oh god. Why did I just do that?" You are racking your brain looking for an answer. Why did you kiss her? Sure it was just a cheek, in human and troll customs alike it's not the worst thing you could do. It's friendly, maybe she won't think anything of it. "But why am I?"
You aren't sure why you are making such a big deal out of it. You've never talked to her before today. She's nice, talented at drawing, clumsy, and doesn't have a problem with trolls. That's really all you know about her. You still don't know her blood color. You don't know if she will tell her "mother" about you and have you culled. You don't know how seriously she was hurt. You know nothing of importance. So why are you drawn to her?
"FUUUCCKKK" you groan as you pull into your driveway. You decide to stop thinking about her and do some hacking to clear your head. Once you get to your respite block, or "room" as you've been calling it for a while, you remember your friend had tried to troll you earlier.

adiosToreador began trolling carcinoGenetist at 7:53pm

AT: hEY KARKAT. hOW'S IT GOING?
AT: yOU MUST BE BUSY. mESSAGE ME WHEN YOU CAN.

CG: HEY TAVROS. I'M FUCKING GREAT. HOW ARE YOU DOING?

AT: i'M WONDERFUL! dID GAMZEE TELL YOU THE GOOD NEWS?

CG: NO THE INSANE NOOKSNIFFING JUGGALO DOESN'T TELL ME MUCH THESE DAYS. WHAT NEWS?

AT: hE ASKED ME TO BE HIS MATESPRITE! ]:D

CG: WOW. THANKS FOR THE UPDATE. I CAN'T IMAGINE HAVING LIVED MY LIFE WITHOUT KNOWING ABOUT THAT UTTER BULLSHIT.
CG: AREN'T YOU AT LEAST SLIGHTLY AFRAID OF HIM?
CG: I MEAN, AFTER HE TRIED TO *MURDER* NEPETA AND EQUIUS?
CG: I STILL FIND IT UNSETTLING WHICH IS WHY WE ARE NO LONGER MOIRAILS.

AT: i- I'M NOT REALLY WORRIED. hE WAS SOBER THEN. iT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN.

CG: WHATEVER HELPS YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT.

AT: yOU KNOW, IT ONLY TAKES A LITTLE CONFIDENCE TO GO OUT AND FIND A MATESPRITE OF YOUR OWN.

CG: I DON'T FUCKING NEED A MATESPRITE.

carcinoGenetist logged off.

Fucking Tavros, thinking you don't have enough confidence to get a matesprite. Not that you need or want one. On earth you no longer get culled for not having your quadrants filled. You have been considering joining Kankri with his celibacy, it would just be easier that way. No chance of another mutant blood being born. Plus not having to deal with that heartbreak. While thinking of the complexities of troll romance you find yourself again thinking of (f/n). You shake your head at that thought. She's lovely you'll admit, beautiful (hair color) hair, a sweet smile, and- "FUCKING STOP THINKING ABOUT HER YOU ABSOLUTE PIECE OF SHIT." But you can't. You can't stop thinking about her voice, how she felt in your arms, how she rubbed your horns. At that thought your bulge starts to squirm a little in your pants. You'll have to take care of that soon. Before it takes care of its self...
Just as you begin to undo your pants you get another message.
(C/H) began pestering carcinoGeneticist at 9:15pm

CH: Can I take a wild guess and assume this is Karkat?

CG: WOW, A REGULAR TROLL SHERLOCK HOLMES ON OUR HANDS.
CG: CARE TO SOLVE THE CASE OF THE MISSING HOOFBEAST NEXT?

CH: Yup. That's Karkat.

CG: NO FUCKING WAY. WELL, CAN *I* ASSUME THIS IS (F/N)?

CH: Why, yes it is.
CH: My mother is taking me to urgent care as we speak. But I'm feeling a lot better than I did at first, thanks to you.

CG: DIDN'T I TELL YOU NOT TO MENTION IT?

CH: Probably, but when have I ever followed the rules?
CH: I've got to go. I'll see you in class.

(C/H) signed off

Your blood pusher is beating faster than usual. That was such an average conversation why was it making you nervous? Whatever, you need to take care of the squirming tentabulge ruining the inside of your pants...

Readers POV (what did you think this was going to be smut? Maybe if I get enough requests for it I'll switch back to his  POV)

  You finally got to leave the urgent care. It's an extremely mild concussion, and severe dehydration. You will need bed rest for 3 days if not more. So much for seeing Karkat in class. It will give you plenty of time to draw and catch up on your favorite shows. But you'd rather see the cute troll with the nubby horns, than just drawing him. But now you have some fresh ideas on how to draw him at least. A little softer on his brows, less of a pout or scowl, brighter eyes, and maybe, just maybe, with a smile.

Sorry this was a little short, I have plans for the next chapter :) thank you for reading. Please leave feedback I truly appreciate it.