Curiousity and Promises

Karkat part 3:

READER POV

You feel a nudge on your shoulder, it's gentle but firm. You open your eyes to see Karkat, yet again looking at you with... Concern? Maybe you really did hit your head hard. This isn't what he's usually like, only when your dreaming. Maybe you were dreaming? You needed to test this theory, but how? This is when a horribly genius thought popped into your head. You'd always wanted to try this but had never been close enough with a troll. If it's a dream no harm, right? And if it's not, you can just blame it on nit being in your right mind, right? Right.
"(F/N), how are you feeling? Your bruise looks swollen, is that normal? Also I wanted to ask what your- WHAT THE-" you cut Karkat off by quickly grabbing both of his horns. He seemed mad at first but he hasn't pushed you off. So you decide to rub them. It seems natural for you to do this, but you aren't totally sure why. It's probably because it's a dream.
"Ahhhhh-" he's purring. He's purring and... Moaning? Oh god. You know what horns are for now. At least you get the picture. This had better be a dream. You quickly let go, but Karkat catches your wrist.
"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT (F/N)?!" He's panting a little, and it's a little bit of a turn on for you. What are you thinking? That's not where your mind should be right now. This is real. This is real life. You fucked up.
"I- I- I guess I'm not thinking things through? I'm so so sorry Karkat." You stand up quickly despite the fact the room is spinning. Karkat may be one of the smaller trolls, but you are positive he could still crush you to death with one hand. You have every reason to fear him right now. You've angered him when he was being so nice.
He was being nice. In real life. Why? No time for those questions your legs are shaking, but you need to leave before Karkat can release his anger on you. 4th and Francis. That's where you have to go. What street are you on now? You don't care, you just need to get out of here. You try to sprint for the front door, you make it about 3 strides before a pair of sweatered arms catch you in a sort of hug and sink you to the ground. He pulls you into a real hug now and you nuzzle into his neck. You aren't sure how you went from terror to comfort in a matter of seconds. Everything is moving to fast and it still feels like your head is whirling around.
"I'm sorry I yelled. But fuck I'm not going to hurt you." He pulls away and looks at you. You try hold his gaze as he speaks. "I'm serious (f/n) I promise right here and right now I will never harm a hair on that fucking stupid, little head of yours, alright?" You nod, it makes your head feel worse. It starts to feel heavy. "I'm going to get you some water, then we can go."
"Thank you." You can only whisper this as he lifts you up and sets you back on the couch. It has only occurred to you now just how thirsty you are. Why hadn't you noticed? Karkat comes back in with a large glass full of ice water. He hands it to you with a grimace but a smile in his eyes. You quickly gulp it down and you feel much better. It's like being at a 20 percent and jumping to a 45 percent though. You still feel like shit. But perhaps the road to recovery is a short one? Your thoughts are interrupted by Karkat handing you your bag, then taking your hand and leading you to the front door. He's being cautious as to make sure you don't fall on the way out. You can walk now, in fact you don't feel nearly as wobbly or unbalanced as before. Maybe you just needed some water to clear your head.
Karkat leads you out to the car and opens the passenger side door for you. Buckling your seatbelt over you, he rests his hand on your upper thigh to get a better angle and it sends butterflies into your stomach. Why do you like him this way? Before this you'd never even said two words to him, yet you are absolutely smitten. You hear the seatbelt click and he moves his hand away. As he closes the door you let out a small huff before he enters the car from the drivers side.
"I feel really bad just leaving you somewhere even if it's just for a minute." He explains this as he puts the car in gear.
"Thank you, for helping me. I really couldn't ask for more. I'm sorry my mother is... Less than understanding. But things will change soon. I'm sure of it. All of human history proves that discrimination can be fought against." He's blushing but he hasn't said anything. You sit in comfortable silence for a few moments, then he pulls close to the curb and stops the car. He gets out and comes over to help you. By now you've already unbuckled; he takes your hand and helps you down. There's a bus stop bench right next to the corner of 4th and Francis. "Thank you again," you really can't get over how kind he is. This is a side of him that you couldn't believe actually existed.
"Yeah well, I couldn't just let you stay on the sidewalk. What would the neighbors think?" He chuckles at his own joke, and you smile. Until this moment you hadn't realized how close you two were standing. He's probably wanting to be there in case you fall. He looks down at his watch and scowls, "Fuck, I should probably get going, she should be here any minute. I'll see you in class Monday?"
"Yes, and I can't say this enough times thank you."
"Don't fucking mention it. It's common courtesy." He's blushing tremendously now. Your cheeks feel hot too. He suddenly leans in and kisses your cheek. "Feel better." He whispers to you before rushing back to his car. You feel stunned for a moment as you watch his car pull away. You sit down on the bench, unable to breath properly. You reach for your bag, you feel the urge to draw this. As you are flipping through the pad for a blank page you stop on a particular drawing. A sketch of Karkat. Scrawled over the top in big letters reads "carcinoGeneticist".

A/N: I hope you enjoy this. It a little fluffy but I think it will form a lovely friendship. Comment if you want me to keep writing this story. Please tell me what you like and what you don't I truly appreciate it. Thanks for reading.