A Fleeting Moment

Karkat POV

   You see her there, across the room, her entire body seems to stiffen as she is confronted with the view of you chained to Sollux. Terror is written on her face, but you know it will pass. You join "Equality or whatever" you at least think you say something to that degree, because in this moment you feel too flustered. You feel the need to run over and shoosh pap the girl, but also fear Sollux may get jealous. The pale flirting the two of you has been consistent for years, but neither of you have sealed the deal yet. You thought about revealing it whilst running from here, but in the turn of events you have now, under your own volition, chosen to stay.

John instead takes on a moirail like position, stirring a pang of jealousy in the pit of your stomach. He takes her away from the group, Roxy nudges Jane and winks. Perhaps she knows more than you? Fuck, since we are all "buddy buddy" here you might work up the nerve to ask her sometime soon.

After moments of near silent agony of waiting, John and (F/N) return. She looks a little more calm, she gives you a small smile and wave.
"(F/N) has decided to also join the group. After, um, unhandcuffing Karkat and Sollux, we will begin the meeting. Help yourself to snacks! Jane made cake, again..."

"Not that I want Karkat's little friend to go through this, but, why wasn't she knocked out then handcuffed to someone?" (F/N) looks horrified and smacks John's arm, she leaves for the kitchen, hopefully to come back soon.

"There were a lot of factors, for one she already knew how to get here. Her and I were the ones to fix the place up! Two, both of you are known to be a little violent at times... We didn't want to risk it." (F/N) returns, holding a large medical pack. It reminds you of how you met her. It's only been a few weeks, but it starting to feel like forever.

After you are both un-handcuffed, she has you sit down while she gets some things out of the medical kit. There are a few large packs of some sort. She looks to Sollux,
"Does your head hurt? Any pain anywhere?" He nods.

"Yeah the pain is a little worse than usual from the blow." He touches it and winces. (F/N) breaks up the contents of the pack and hands it to Sollux.

"What do you mean worse than normal? Does your head usually hurt?" Sollux places what you've now realized to be an emergency ice pack on the back of his head.

"I'm a psiioniic. My head aches all the time. Not like getting knocked out, but like a migraine I guess." She frowns and rummages through the kit.

"I don't suppose Tylenol will help?" His eyes nearly pop out of his head at this. You aren't sure what Tylenol is, but Sollux seems to know.

"I haven't been able to get my hands on the stuff to try it! You'd think I was trying to buy cocaine or some other earth drug. Honestly, illegal drugs might be easier. May I try some? A moment of clarity would be a relief." You never realized how bad his headaches were that he sought out human medicine. Everyone knows how hard it is to get medical care from humans. I mean medicine is a very new concept to Alternians, because killing was more of the theme on it, rather than preserving life. Human doctors don't have a good understanding of the hemospectrum, and they rather not tack on another few years of medical school so you can be a universal doctor.

"Yes, yes of course. You can have the bottle. In fact, consider me your headache dealer if this works for you okay? I'll buy them for you, headaches are horrible I can't imagine constant ones..." Sollux looks personally moved by this act of generosity. You feel it a little too. She shows him how to open the bottle and tells him only to take 2 every four hours because you can get sick from them. Sollux thanks her immensely, probably also incredibly grateful for being knocked unconscious earlier and getting dragged here.

Roxy comes by and steals Sollux away, dragging him over to the snacks, She winks at (F/N) before leaving, as though YET A-FUCKING-GAIN, she knows something that you don't! Before you can react to this apparent lack of information you have, (F/N) is looking at you through worried eyes.

"Karkat are you okay? I have another ice pack if you need it. And I also have ibuprofen for pain..." You nod, your head hurts. You touch it and groan slightly. She hands you the ice pack and smiles. You want to point out that this is how you met, but it seems too cliche or too rehearsed. You like this care taking side of her. It almost melts your heart. But not really because you are being silly. She is your friend of course she would be concerned that you were recently knocked out, perhaps it's that she went out of her way for you AND Sollux. He certainly looked to be in worse shape than you. You realize you've begun daydreaming when you feel (F/N) grab your hand. She is leading you over to a small couch; her hand is soft against yours and it causes butterflies to erupt in your stomach. It's nonsense of course, you really shouldn't feel this way about her, however the intoxicating scent of her, and the warm closeness with her right now are sending your heartbeat to a rapidness you didn't know was possible.
The room gets quiet, John and Kankri go the the center and begin to greet the small crowd. (F/N) leans her head on your shoulder, and you feel oddly at peace.

Thank you for reading this! I hope you enjoyed this but if fluff, it will only get fluffier.