Two Unlikes

Karkat's POV

A bell loudly trills signaling the end of 4th period, finally you get to go to English. You'll see (f/n), and while you won't speak to each other, that's against the 'social norms', you are still excited to see her again. Maybe you can pass a note to see how she's feeling. You didn't troll her yesterday because you thought she'd need rest. You also didn't want to seem desperate, she'll message you when she wants to, right?
You keep thinking about what to say in the note, it has to be *just* right so it doesn't seem weird or anything. But perhaps you shouldn't do it at all. If someone sees her conversing with a troll, she'd get shunned. She has more to lose than you do. Trolls don't mind humans, they just don't like being viewed as second class. "Because we aren't," you think, "we are just as intelligent, if not more so, but we only want equality." Now you are starting to sound like Kankri. A blabber mouth of a dancestor sure, but if you listen closely he usually has a point.
You are completely distracted from your original point now. You tend to lose yourself in thought easily. In fact, by thinking about it right now, you've lost yourself in thought. Will you ever learn?
  As you round the corner into the classroom you begin to scan for that familiar face. You see a few of her friends, Roxy and Jade, but not her. She must be late. You take your seat and pull out your notepad, still trying to think of what to write to her. IF you write to her that is...
  Perhaps a simple "HEY FUCKASS, HOW ARE YOU FEELING?" No that's a little aggressive. "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU HOLDING UP SINCE YOU DOVE FACE FIRST INTO THE PAVEMENT?" Wow, okay that's worse. "HOW ARE YOU? /:B" Perfect, understated, but classy.
Another 2 minutes pass and 5th period has started. "WHERE THE FUCK IS SHE?" You find yourself silently screaming. Your mind races with all of the potential what if's bubbling at the surface of your conscious. "What if she's dying?" "What if her injuries were more severe than we thought?" "What if I did something wrong when I cleaned her up?" Then your mind takes you down a different road... "What if she is afraid I would talk to her at school and is avoiding me?" "What if she never wants to see me again because I kissed her cheek?" Your train of self doubt is interrupted by your teacher.
"Karkat? Are you listening?" No. You stay silent. For once in your life, you simply can't find words, you are too nervous. "Karkat, please define juxtaposition for the class." Jokes on him, you know this.
"A juxtaposition is when you place two unlike items together, often for comparison and contrast." You feel a little smug about this. You really love English. For you it's a foreign language class, since Alternian is your native tongue, but you excel at it English. You wouldn't mind being a writer one day.
"Perfect. An example of a juxtaposition would be a silent Karkat, or a loud (f/n)." A muffled laughter scatters among the class, you look back to where she usually sits, and frown. So much for that sense of pride you just had. "It is often used to compare and contrast characters, Can anyone think of other examples of a juxtaposition?"
"Romeo and Paris?"
"Yes, very good."
"Human's and Troll's?"
"I- I suppose. Though I wouldn't use that on the test. Try to stick to fictional characters." He sounds uneasy, legally he can't discriminate, not that he does. You just never would want to be accused of it as a teacher. But it's just fine for everyone else apparently. Just thinking about it is pissing you off. Class can't end soon enough, and when it does you can't help but breath a heavy sigh of relief before bolting out of there.
  When the school day ends you rush home and up to your computer. You need to tell Sollux about that fuckass in your English class today. You see you have 3 unread messages. You decide to read them.

(C/H) has began pestering carcinoGeneticist at 3:45pm

CH: You should be home from classes by now.
CH: I'm on bed rest for the next couple of days. It was mostly dehydration, but also a mild concussion.
CH: The doctor said if I had stayed outside much longer it would have added a heat stroke, so thank you AGAIN.

CG: THANK GOD I WAS AFRAID YOU'D GONE AND FUCKING DIED OR SOMETHING.
CG: DO YOU NEED THE ENGLISH HOMEWORK?

CH: Thank you but Roxy went to all of my classes and got my assignments.

CG: OH, GOOD I GUESS. HOW LONG WILL YOU BE OUT OF SCHOOL?

CH: 3 days. I'm already bored out of my mind.

CG: WHAT? YOUR 'MOTHER' ISN'T ENTERTAINING ENOUGH FOR YOU?

CH: Not at all. She's working the night shift this week, so she's been sleeping most of the day, she's leaving for work in 30 minutes.

CG: OH. WELL THAT FUCKING SUCKS.

CH: Yeah, well. You are entertaining me for the time being.

CG: OH? HOW AM I SO GODDAMN AMUSING?

CH: I don't know, you just are. You are fun to talk to. I'm glad you found me.
CH: I mean, if you hadn't we may have never gotten the chance to talk.

CG: YEAH, I MEAN, IT'S NOT LIKE WE COULD BE FRIENDS IN PUBLIC OR ANYTHING.
CG: BUT THIS IS... NICE.

CH: You know what? You should come over.

CG: WHAT?

CH: You read it correctly. Come to my place. We can watch a movie or something?
CH: Or is that too much too soon?

CG: A ROMCOM?

CH: Anything you want.

CG: GIVE ME YOUR ADDRESS AND I WILL GIVE YOU AN ETA.

CH: 413 E Prospit drive

CG: OKAY I CAN BE THERE IN 20 MINUTES, BUT I WON'T LEAVE UNTIL I KNOW YOUR MOM IS GONE.
CG: SOUND LIKE A FUCKING PLAN?

CH: Yeah. Thank sounds great. Just leave in 15 minutes and you'll be good. See you soon.

(C/h) ceased pestering carcinoGeneticist at 3:57pm

  What was I thinking? Going into a HUMAN neighborhood? In broad daylight? Luckily Prospit drive is a little more rural. It's unlikely anyone would really see you enter her house. But you still should be careful. A disguise of some sort will work. You scan your room for anything that may hide your appearance enough for someone not to take a second glance. "Sunglasses! Perfect!" You say as you grab them, you're already in a turtleneck so your neck is covered. "And a hat will finish the job," you think as you pull a gray beanie on over your horns. You take a look in the mirror, "eh it's the best I can do on short notice." You quickly grab the new troll movie that you bought. You've heard it's great but haven't gotten a chance to watch yet. It's called "the tragic tale of two young lovers destined to be separated by caste structures and-" you don't have time to finish the title, you need to finish getting ready! Scrambling you shove a few more things into your bag and head out the door. Tonight will be different to say the least, but since when is different bad?

A/N: this chapter took a direction I wasn't expecting but I got it back on track. I hope you enjoy it! Please leave feedback I really appreciate it, thanks for reading!