The Most Beautiful Sight

A/N: if you guess the two movies they watch in this chapter you'll have a small hint as to what's coming (specifically the second movie). I won't say more, comment here for your guesses, I left it pretty vague, but I left clues in other places in the chapter. If you get it I shall give you a shout out in the next chapter. Good Luck ;)

Readers POV

Oh god he's actually coming over. Inviting him was hard enough to muster the courage for, but now hanging out with him? You have to change into nicer pajamas. And brush your hair, and teeth. What the heck a little concealer while you are at it. You wanted to look good. You've liked him for far too long to blow it now because you look horrible, not that he would care, but looking nice gives you more confidence. You aren't supposed to be moving around all that much, but you figure it couldn't hurt to be a little active. It only takes 5 minutes for you to freshen up, so you decide to wait in the living room. You grab a few things you'll need, and of course blanket in tow you begin the long journey down the staircase to the couch. You are waiting for your mother to leave for work, so you can send a confirmation text to Karkat. You smile at just the thought of him. He is one of your favorite subjects to draw, speaking of which you still have an finished sketch of him you've been meaning to work on. Often you draw at the coffee place around the corner, the ABC café often gives you more inspiration, but for this piece you have everything you need in your mind already. You set up on the couch, and start to draw. You don't think you have much talent in the way of drawing, but you still love to do it.
Your mother shuffles by and gives you a hug before leaving. "Call me if you need anything. I will be back around 10 am. Don't stay up too late. I love you (f/n)."
  "I love you too mom." She gives you another hug before leaving, she's been really worried about you, you really appreciate how much she cares for you. She heads out the door and gives you a smile and wave before shutting the door tight. You send a quick message to Karkat and resume drawing. Your thoughts drift to all of wonderful 'what if's' that could happen tonight. Your mind races at all of the possibilities, and completely halts your work on your drawing. Your thoughts come to a quick end when you hear the doorbell ring. It must be Karkat. You get up from your comfy spot and race to the door, but you of course act casual when you answer, you don't want him to know how excited you were. You looked the small troll up and down, and couldn't help giggle at his appearance.

KARKAT's POV

WHY THE FUCK WAS SHE LAUGHING AT YOU? Before you could yell at her for it she pulled you inside and closed the door.
  "Nice disguise, the sunglasses make you look like Dave Strider." I growled a little, I didn't mean to, I guess it's a natural reaction to being compared to someone like, THAT. He's a cool kid, sure, but he is a total douche most of the time.
"FUCK, I JUST DIDN'T WANT TO RUIN YOUR REPUTATION. YOU SHOULDN'T BE SEEN ANYWHERE NEAR ME!" She smiled at me when I said that, but not exactly a genuine smile. While her lips curled at the corners, her eyes gave her away. It was a sad smile.
"You are right I guess, thank you for taking that into consideration..." The room feels thicker now, a tension that didn't need to be there was now crawling through the cracks. However (f/n) was able to slice through it easily once again, "So I see you brought a movie? Which one is it?" The smile on her lips still seems forced, but it's not so melancholy now.
"IT'S GOT A LONG NAME, ALTERNIAN MOVIES, THEY ALL HAVE REALLY LONG NAMES AND I RATHER NOT LIST IT ALL." You hand her the disk and watch her eyes get wide when she sees all of the words in the title for herself, she looks up at you and then to the tv where she inserts the disc. She sits on the couch and motions for you to join her. You take off the shades and hat and set them on her coffee table, then join her. What she doesn't know is that this is the epitome of all troll romance movies. It's not really a comedy, in fact it's a tragedy, but it's a classic so you can't go wrong. In fact it's title is pretty short for Alternian film, which reads to trolls as an instant classic, but it's also based on a really old slam poem/play. You look over at (F/n) and her (e/c) eyes appear to be fixed on the screen, your eyes lower a little, and you spy her sketch pad. You know for a fact she has looked at the picture of you recently, it's where she found your trollian handle. Maybe she's changed it, you really want to know. Maybe you'll get a chance to later. Your eyes return to the screen. *small time skip* Another hour passes as the tragically gorgeous drama unfolds before you. Yeah, you are a fucking sap, get over it. You suddenly notice a warmth you hadn't before, a warmth against your right side and shoulder, but the warmth is spreading slowly to... Other regions. Turning, you see a sleeping (f/n) against you, your movement stirs her.
"Oh, God sorry I must have dozed off!" She says as she moves away from you. You miss the warmth, but you can't very well ask if she'd like to resume cuddling. "How about you pick another movie from the collection whist I make some popcorn? It's just in there." She points to a cabinet under the TV, you nod at her and go to the collection while she goes to the kitchen. There are a lot of Disney films, some older films, not a ton of rom coms but all good ones, but one catches your eye. It's a romantic musical. You'd never tell your friends this, but you adore musicals. You flip it's case over to see more of what it's about, because unlike troll movies, you have to read a summary of a movie to find out what it's about, because two words in another language really doesn't tell you all that much. It seems sad but how sad can a musical really be? You switch the disks and let the movie get to the title screen. While you wait for her to come back, you eye her sketch pad again. It wouldn't hurt to take a quick peek, right? You do it, you can't control yourself, you grab the pad and thumb through it until you find the page. Your chest falls in despair as the black markings on the page haven't changed since you last saw them. Maybe you didn't change her opinion as much as you had though. Thumbing through again you see there is a new drawing, when you open to the page your eyes almost don't believe it.
"Oh! Look at that, I was all wrong about you." Your chest falls again, and your heart is at the pit of your stomach. You've been caught. You look down at the wonderful drawing of you; smiling. But your current expression can't quite match that, in fact it's the complete opposite direction at this point, as you can't help but think of how much she must dislike you now for going through her things. She takes the sketch book from your hands, and looks into your eyes, you are preparing for her to you yell at you. In the corner of your eye you see her hand raise up, you brace for impact, but instead feel a gentle hand on your cheek, lifting your head to meet her eyes. "I got your smile all wrong, I'm sorry about that." You let out a sigh of relief, and she bites her bottom lip a little. "If you don't mind, and if it's not too weird, maybe you can help me get it right this time?" Her hand has dropped from your face and is now clutching her pad closer to her. She looks so nervous, but with such an innocent energy it's enough to overwhelm you, this time her head is the one dropped as she is watching her hands now.
   You stand up, and lift her head with a gentle hand. You are inches away from her face now, her blush is bright red, just like your must be. Looking into he eyes you let your usual scowl slowly unravel into a smile. She smiles brightly back at you, this one is genuine and it's the most beautiful sight.

You better believe I am going to make you wait for that kiss. I'm sorry it took me a while to update. Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoy this! Let me know in the comments what you think, what I can work on and where you think the story is headed! In the next chapter or two I will be throwing a curl ball ;)