Chapter Twenty Seven

Logan's POV

I gasp when the gun goes off and all the scrambling goes off. Rollan drops to his knees.

No, no, no, no, no...

He has to be alright. I run to him dropping on my knees. I wrap my arms around him only for my hands to slide on something sticky and my heart beat even harder as tears run down my cheeks. Blood soaks his torso from the wound in his stomach. I take off my shirt and press it on the wound but it doesn't seem to stop bleeding.

"Lo... Logan..."

"Shh, don't talk. Everything is going to be okay. You'll be okay," I whisper to him. He already looks pale from loss of blood. "Be strong for me. Don't leave me."

He shakes his head as if saying he won't leave. I peck his lips. I don't even know what's going on around me until someone pulls me away from him as paramedics surround him. How did they get here.

"... an, Logan," I turn to the voice to see Clara. She's the one holding me. "He's in shock." Who's in shock. I don't want to think about it. I look back to Rollan to see his eyes closed and my breath hitched.

"... y, hey," I turn back to Clara. What's her problem. Wait his eyes were closed. I feel myself starting to hyperventilate. No, he can't leave me. I just got him.

I hold my chest fighting for breath. Things get blurry before everything goes dark. Maybe it's for the best. I don't want to go on living if he's dead. I want to go with him. Why did he get in the middle. Why did he fight for the gun, such things never end well. Someone always gets shot. I just wish it had been that stupid bitch.