Chapter 6

"What?" Riley asked incredulously. "He basically said he wanted to spend his life with you, Amber."

"Shut up!" I hit her with a pillow as she cracked up. "Anyway, no he didn't. That's not it, at all."

"Okay, okay, okay!" She giggled. "So he actually apologised? Do you think it was sincere?"

"Weirdly, I do, but I don't understand why. I don't forgive him, anyway. Nope, never will."

"Understandable," Riley replied.

"What should I do then?"

"Whatever you think you should," Riley shrugged.

"Gee, thanks. That's helpful."

"Amber! What do you want me to tell you? Forgive the guy and get married and live together forever? Or don't forgive him. No, in fact, you can go to school tomorrow and beat him up, and then he'll lose interest and that's him gone forever. Choose one."

"Rileeeey," I moaned, and hit her with the pillow again.

"Well you don't want to forgive him," she said with a sigh, "So don't. Case solved." She put her hands behind her head and fell back onto my bed.

•~•~•~•

When she had gone home, it was 10:15 in the evening. I hopped onto my bed and opened my laptop. Same drill as every evening. Check emails. Surf tumblr. Chat with Riley. Surf more tumblr when Riley's gone to sleep. Check emails again.

But one email messed up my plan. I had to reply to it. But it freaked me out.

"For god's freaking sake," I muttered. How did George Palmer get my email?

----------------------------------------------

From: george11palmer@hotmail.com

Sent: Wednesday 6th March, 10:08 p.m.

To: amberorange272@gmail.com

Subject: [No Subject]

Hi,
I wanted to let you know we've dropped Imogen and Mirella. They wouldn't stop talking about you, and they were being horrible.
I hope you believe me, but I guess I get it if you don't. I sorry I've been being a douche, when I didn't even know you. I'd quite like to though. Just ignore Callum. He's harmless, honest x

George

----------------------------------------------

Gee, thanks. I'm flattered.

I rolled my eyes and clicked the button to move to trash. When the 'are you sure' confirmation button popped up, I paused.

Reluctantly, I moved the cursor and clicked on no. Instead, I clicked the little arrow in the corner. Reply.

----------------------------------------------

From: amberorange272@gmail.com

Sent: Wednesday 6th March, 10:19 p.m.

To: george11palmer@hotmail.com

Subject: [No Subject]

Why are you suddenly being nice? You're being weird, how can I trust you?

Amber :P

----------------------------------------------

It was only a minute or so before I got a reply:

----------------------------------------------

From: george11palmer@hotmail.com

Sent: Wednesday 6th March, 10:21 p.m.