Chapter 10

I walked to school with Riley, and she wouldn't stop blabbering to me.

"You did what?"

"I went to the park with George."

"What happened?"

"I've already told you this, Riley. Ollie came to the park and saw us. No, I don't know why he was there. Yes, he told mum and dad. No, they didn't freak out. At least, not too badly anyway."

When we arrived at school, we had to go our separate ways, which for once, I was fairly thankful for.

I remembered period 1 was RS, in which I sat at the back, and next to George.

Literally as soon as Riley had left for class, speak of the devil, George walked down the hallway.

"Hey," I smiled. He turned.

"Hey," he grinned back.

Again, Religious Studies surprised me, but again, the only reason I was entertained was because of George. We were absolute idiots in the back corner, joking, laughing, chewing gum, going on our phones, and everything else we weren't allowed to do just for the sake of doing it.

"Wanna come to my house later?" He asked casually. After what happened at the park with Ollie, I was unsure about meeting up with George outside of school again, however I agreed. I'd just tell my mum I was staying after school to study or something.

The rest of the school day continued agonisingly slowly. I had maths, music, chemistry and history. Talk about a boring day, right?

•~•~•~•

I half sat, half lay on George's bed, on my phone while he sifted through the cardboard box of DVD's he owned.

"This one?"

"Nah."

"Okay, this one?"

"Nah."

"You've gotta like this one."

"Nah."

"Alright, this one?"

"Ooh, yeah, alright then."

He sat down next to me.

"Wait, I need the loo. Pause it." He sighed, but laughed, and I left the room.

When I returned, I sat back down. I shifted around for a bit, attempting to find a comfortable position, before George grabbed my legs and put them on top of his own. I gasped softly when colour exploded in my eyes, almost having forgotten the view.

"More comfortable?"

"Incredibly, actually."

"Thought so. Thank you. I can press play now," he laughed.

I blushed slightly at the thought of how we were sitting all tangled up together, while he absentmindedly fiddled with one of the messy braids in my hair while we watched a not-that-great movie. I didn't mind. In fact, I hoped the movie went on for ages.

I looked over at George when I heard soft snoring. Sure enough, he was asleep, his head rested on top of mine. I contemplated completing the action running through my brain, before finally deciding to.

I tilted my head up slightly, and kissed him.

He wouldn't know, I thought. It didn't necessarily mean anything. Anyway, it was just one. I knew I couldn't have him anyway. He saw no colour when we touched.

I happened to be very wrong. About the first part anyway.

As soon as I did it, his eyes fluttered open. I stared at him in a state of shock and horror. What he did next, surprised me even more, however.

He took my face in his hands, and passionately kissed me back.

I was in a state of pure ecstasy. However, one question reverberated through my head.

"But you don't see the colour..." I muttered.

"I don't care," he replied. "I don't care about some stupid necklace, or some stupid magical touch that shows colour. I really like you, Amber Paisely, and if the world is cruel enough to pair us up, but never allow us to be happy together, then I'm not gonna give a flying fuck about the world's choices, and I'm gonna do what I wanna do. Not what Society wants me to do."

I giggled. "Me too."