Chapter 13

Amber's POV

My phone started buzzing, and when I answered it, I had to wait three solid minutes before I could say a word.

"Riley?" I practically yelled to her over the line.

"Yeah?"

"You wanna calm down just a second?"

"Okay," she said, still very much worked up.

"I didn't understand a word of what you were screaming about."

"Oh. Well, is it true?"

"Is what true?"

"What Aimee told me. She said Kacey had told her."

"Told her what?"

"That you and George Palmer were meant to be after all, you idiot!"

"Oh, right, okay. God, sorry. I didn't realise Kacey would be telling my best friend before I got to."

"Oh, who cares about that, I know now! So, tell me about it?"

"What do you want me to say?"

"Everything."

So I suppose I told her everything.

I explained about the phone call I got from George telling me he had been at the hospital, and how he had come round and everything. Riley squealed and giggled and was really excited about the whole thing, which I found partially cute, and partially irritating.

When I finally got off the phone to Riley, there was a knock on my bedroom door.

"Come in?" I called.

Kacey opened the door. "Come on."

"Come on where?"

"Mum said we need to go shopping for stuff today. We've only got two weeks to go."

"Kacey, what are you talking about? What are we going shopping to get? What's happening in two weeks' time?"

"Stuff like dresses, and cake, and things. The wedding's in two weeks."

"Wedding?!"

"Oh, shit! That's right!"

"What's right?" I demanded.

"You don't know! He never told you!"

"Who never told me what?" I shouted, annoyed and confused.

"Ollie and Becca are getting married next week. He proposed last month."

Wait. What?!

"And no one told me?!" I exclaimed, shocked.

"He wanted it to be a surprise till closer to the event, I think. I wasn't meant to tell you like this. Sorry."

"Heh. Good job Kacey," I chuckled, although I was still shocked and a little annoyed at what I'd only just found out.

"Yeah, yeah. Well come on then. Becca's probably already at the shops waiting for us."

Kacey drove down to the shopping centre, and we found Becca near the entrance.

We went shopping for her dress first, followed by the bridesmaids' ones. We spent a good couple of hours choosing the perfect dresses, but I had to admit, they did all look stunning.

Becca had chosen me and Kacey to be bridesmaids, along with her little sister Anya. I was a little surprised, to say the least, but then again, I had only just found out my brother was getting married, so I was pretty shocked anyway.

After we had finished buying dresses and shoes, we moved onto the cake.

We spent another few hours getting everything sorted with that. I played a smaller part with this, and mostly sat in the shop texting Riley and George.

After that tedious part was over, Becca wanted to show us the venue.

We drove over to a church near to where Becca lived, and one I hadn't seen before. It was gorgeous; a massively high ceiling, stained glass windows lining the walls, neat rows of intricately designed pews. She had chosen a lovely place to get married.

We then moved next door to where the reception was to be held. It was spacious, it was pretty, and Becca definitely seemed happy with it. I was starting to get over my initial shock and really get excited for this wedding.

•~•~•~•

"Oliver Paisely!" I yelled, stood at the bottom of the stairs after returning home with Kacey.

"Yeah?" Was the muffled response I received.

"Get your ass down here, now!"

Ollie emerged from his bedroom into the landing. He stared down at me innocently.

"What's wrong, dear sister of mine?" He said jokingly, trying to hide a smirk.

"Why the hell didn't you tell me you were engaged for the past month? And you were getting married next week?" I asked incredulously.

"Oh, right. That. Aha. Well, you see, it was going to be a surprise, and-"

"You know what? I don't actually care," I said, running up the stairs and tackling him in a hug.

"You're getting married?" I muttered in disbelief. He laughed awkwardly and returned the hug.

"Yeah. I am," he replied, and he sounded so goddamn happy I felt like shedding tears of joy for him.