Chapter 14

I stood in the church, with my gorgeous but admittedly uncomfortable bridesmaid dress on and a bouquet of flowers in my hand.

I glanced over at Riley and George, who both had huge grins on their faces. They were laughing at me.

Amber Paisely did not do dresses.

I wasn't sure if I was starting to regret nagging my sister to put them on the invitations list. Ollie had told her he didn't mind who she decided to invite, so completely left us to it.

"Please, it's just the two of them," I pleaded her.

"No, it's Ollie's wedding. This isn't about you," Kacey had argued.

"But Riley's basically family, anyway. Ollie loves Riley."

"And George?"

"Well, you've invited Matt!" I exclaimed, pointing at his name on the paper.

Kacey had frowned, and stared at the paper for a moment. I knew she had realised her defeat, and smirked as she wrote down Riley and George's names.

I smiled to myself a little at the memory. Then my gaze returned to my brother looking handsome in his suit, and his fiancée standing opposite him in her gorgeous white dress.

The ceremony didn't seem to take long, and before I knew it, the priest stated, "You may now kiss the bride," and everyone clapped when Ollie and Becca kissed, now married.

I looked over at Kacey, who was wiping her eyes. Unlike her, I definitely didn't cry.

Okay, maybe I did a little.

Once in the reception, everyone was seated around tables and happily tucking into food. I was sitting next to both George and Riley, of course.

"You know what you're going to say?" Riley asked me.

Yes, I certainly did. As soon as I got in after having gone shopping with Kacey and Becca, Ollie told me he'd like me to make a speech. I had got to work writing and rewriting a hundred times over, before learning by heart the final copy I had decided on.

I was definitely prepared, but still entirely terrified of doing it.

Lots of speeches were said, from Becca's father, then Ollie, and then Ollie's best man and best friend Dean.

Next, was my turn. Kacey had said she'd rather me do it than her, which was why Ollie had only asked me.

At the same time, George and Riley both jabbed me in either side, indicating that I stand up. I took a shaky breath, cleared my throat, and began.

"So, we're all here today to see my brother marry the love of his life. When I found out - less than two weeks ago, may I add - I was pretty shocked. Who would want to marry Ollie Paisely?"

Laughter. That was a good thing.

"Apparently Becca did. And I'm so happy for the two of you, because you really are perfect for each other. And I'm not just saying so because you're soulmates, which is a wonderful thing, but the two of you just fit together perfectly. You rely on one another so much, and it's honestly so touching. I hope everyone gets something as special as you two do, because it really is - special."

Ollie smiled at me, and I saw tears start to form in Becca's eyes. That was also a good thing. Right?

"Becca, you've been like another sister to me, and I'm so grateful to how much you've become a part of our family. And Ollie, even though you're so irritating and you drive me insane, I'm really happy for you. And I know you two will be so happy together, because, Becca," I said, addressing her, "Ollie is actually a huge softy, and he's always talking about you. Really, it gets quite annoying."

More laughter, even from Ollie.

"Congratulations, both of you," I finished, before taking my seat again. Riley congratulated me on my speech, and I felt George lace his fingers with mine and give my hand a squeeze.

"That was really cute!" Riley told me. "Good job. It went really well."

"I'm glad. They look so happy."

"Yeah, they do," George muttered to me. "You were right, you know. I hope everyone gets something like they do, too. Me included."

My cheeks flushed at his comment. George wanted to settle down with someone as a happy family.

"Oh really?" I said nonchalantly.