Chapter 7

Never had I enjoyed RS as much as that day.

We couldn't stop laughing. We were even threatened detentions three times, but never were we actually given a blue slip.

Now that I was friendly with George, I could actually enjoy myself, because he'd be laughing with me, instead of at me.

I found it sweet how he made an effort to be nice to me, how he was actually trying. He obviously was a little rusty, to say the least, at being nice, but it was lovely how he was trying.

And being friends with him, I realised he did actually have lots of good characteristics. I realised he could be a good person, he just need the right influence, such as, not Imogen and Mirella. And not Callum. I came to the conclusion that George was nice on his own, but Callum and Jacob brought out the douchebag-ness in him.

It was like he was a completely different person, and I very much liked this new person.

It was simple funny jokey things like holding doors open for me, except sometimes dropping them in my face, sometimes not, and things like that.
And sometimes holding my books, to then drop them in the middle of the corridor and force me to bend down to pick them up, and bending down would cause me to be almost crushed by the tide of students.

•~•~•~•

"Mum!" I called. "Muuuuum!"

"What is it, Amber?" Kacey replied, coming down the stairs.

"Muuuuum!" I continued.

"Oh my gosh, what do you want?" Kacey demanded, patience dissipating.
"Where's mum?"

"Out."

"Ugh."

"Why do you need her?"

"To speak to her."

"No shit, Sherlock."

"Fuck you, Watson. Anyway, why do you care? I'll ask her later."

Kacey rolled her eyes and went back upstairs. I entered the living room and collapsed onto the sofa next to Ollie, who was absentmindedly flicking through channels.

"What'd ya need?"

"To speak with mum."

"No shit, Sherlock."

"Oh, for god's sake."

Ollie cracked a smile. "'Kay, but why?"

"Never mind."

"Tell me." He poked me in the arm.

"You won't even care."

"Why not?"

"Because it's just asking to meet up with a friend at the park on Saturday."

"With Riley? Course you'd be allowed."

"I'm not asking permission as such, more like just letting her know."

"All right, 'ard," Ollie chuckled. I poked him back.

"Do not use that word." I poked him again. "Do not. That's so, like, five hundred years ago. And it's not Riley," I added quickly.

"Really? Who is it then?"

Suddenly he became much more interested. I tried not to take offence; after all, he was literally going, "Oh my gosh, you have friends?"

"Yeah. Uh, her name's Georgia," I said, thinking fast. "I, uh, sat with her at lunch, because there were no spaces left and then, we became friends and, we're gonna become better friends by hanging out."