Chapter 2: is he flurting with me?

Training went like other, we warmed up, practised some skills, then putting it into some games. I was the fly half for my team so I'm one of our main kickers and direct the back line. My team relies on me to score most of the conversions and penalty kicks.

We had about 1 minute left of training and I was currently on the half way line taking a penalty kick. I've never successfully kicked the ball threw the goal posts from here, but I know that George was watching and well, I didn't want him to think I can only hit him with the ball.

I took a few steps back and measured up the distance. I took in a deep breath, aimed and ran to kick the ball with all the power I have in my body. I watched in shock as the ball flew through the air high and long, right on target. It flew strait threw the middle about 1 meter above the cross bar.

A huge smile crept it's way onto my face. I don't usually do football celebrations but this was an exception. I ran around my team mates waving my hands in the air and cheering at the top of my voice. By now everyone was staring at me but who cares.

After a while of running around, i fell to the floor and stared at the sky waist trying to catch my breath.

Jo came over to me a smile on her face and chuckling quietly to herself.
"What are you doing? we play rugby, not football. Our celebrations are much smaller than that." She asked with a amused grin on her face stretching out her hand for me to take.

"Celebrating! we should do it more, it's fun!" I said taking her hand as she tugged me up. Just as I got to my feet, coach announced training was over and that we had a game against Bristol in a week.

After a cool down me and Jo headed back to the changing rooms, even though I wasn't getting changed, I wanted to get my stuff ready to go. When we were all alone, she started asking the
dreaded question.

"So, did you happen to do that victory run because George was watching?"

"What!? no, I was simply celebrating my incredible final kick." I said trying to sound convincing. I was telling the truth, if George was or wasn't there I would have done the victory run anyway. George was just an added bonus.

"Ok, whatever you say." She said with a knowing smirk, "I'm going to meet up with Morgan again and I'll get him to drop me home as well, so you get more time with ford." She said jokingly waist wiggling her eyebrows a bit.

"I told you, we're not going out." I said for the second time.

"Ok, but I want to know every detail when you get home." She said putting her hands in the air like a mock surrender. Knowing I wasn't going to win, I left it at there.

Walking out, I saw George kicking the ball about on the pitch. I said a quick goodbye to Jo and went to join George.

As I approached him, he stopped what he was doing and turned to face me.

"Hey." I began with a smile.

"Hey, I just realised, I don't know your name."

"Oh, yea it phoebe." I said with a smile.

"Well, nice to meet you phoebe. I'm George." He said almost automatically."oh yea, you know who I am, sorry, it's almost automatic when you meet someone."

"Yea, it's fine. Just common curtesy." I say whilst chuckling.

"Yea," he looks at me with a genuine smile, "so let's get practicing. Let's just start with some simple stretches, obviously since we're Flyhalfs we need to stretch our legs more than most players." He says going into teacher mode.

We start with leg stretches like lunges and squats stretching our hamstrings, quads and gluteus. Let's just say squats are my new favourite stretch.

"So, what do you want to work on?" He says after a while of stretching.

"Well, I'm alright at the larger angle shots but how about we work on small angles?" I ask getting to the point.

"Sure, I say your kick from earlier on. That was quite impressive, your a lot better than most Flyhalfs I know." He says as we start walking closer to the goal post.

"Thanks, that was actually a new personal record." I state

"Well, congratulations. My range is about the same as yours." He says sounding impressed that I have the same range as a professional. "Right so let's just start with some drop kicks." He says when we get to the 22m line.

"Ok." I reply as I grab the ball ready to kick it. I was about to drop the ball when George interrupts me.

"Try dropping the ball like this." He says coming up behind me and adjusting the way I'm holding the ball. I feel his breath on my ear and try to hold in a shiver but fail. He looks at me, while still behind me. We stand there for what felt like forever, my heart was beating so loudly that I swear he could hear it. Even though his presence made me nervous, I liked it. It was like I fit perfectly into his arms. He then clears his throat walking us up from our daze. He then backed away giving us at least a meter's distance between us.

"Um, try it now." He said going a little red in the face.

I didn't say anything, I just dropped the ball and kicked with all my might. I watched as it curved ever so slightly bring it off target and making hit the post.

"Shit!" I say without meaning to, "sorry, it just sort of slipped out, I can swear like a sailor sometimes."

"It's fine, I get angry to when I miss." He says making me feel a little bit better knowing I'm not the only one who gets angry every time I miss. " try aiming a little more to the left that way when the ball curves, it will still fly threw the middle."

He gets another ball from the bag he brought over.

"Here." He says passing me the ball.

"Thanks." I say just out of habit.

I try again and adjust my aim to the left a bit. To my surprise it went threw. At first it looked like it was going too far left but since it curved again, it flew cleanly threw the posts. I stere in sunrise at the fact that it went throw. I'm never going be able to do that again I thought as my success hit me.

"Oh my god, your a genius." I say as I run to George and grab him in a bear hug. At moment in time I was just too happy that I finally succeeded in something I have been trying to prefect for years.

I'm still hugging George as he laughs in a husky voice whilst wrapping his muscular arms around me. Dam his laugh is so sexy. Oh crap,I can't think that, that's just so strange. But true. Oh shut up, shut up! I can't believe I'm having an internal battle with two sides of my brain.

I let go of him after realising we've been hugging for a little but too long. I smile at him, still too happy to let the smile drop and he smiles down at me too.

"Right, what now? Now that I've mastered that kick?" I say still pumped.

"Well, you've only got one in. You need to practice until it's impossible to miss." He says trying to make it sound as Interesting as possible.

Now that was enough to make my smile wipe off my face. I hate repeating the same things over and over again, it's just so boring!

This is going to be fun! Note the sarcasm.