Chapter 17: Hell

The next day:
"Thanks for letting me stay Damon." I say as I approach him at dinner the night after I ran away.

"No problem, phebs" he says as I sit down next to him, "to be honest I think Alfred enjoys having you about too!" He laughs, I join in enjoying the small jokes.

"So are you going home today miss." Alfred appears behind me causing me and Damon to both jump in the air. By the time I settle down, my heart is still pounding like a dump step song.

"Jesus, you scared the life out of me!" Damon exclaimed still holding his chest.

"Sorry sir, I didn't mean to scare you. Also I do believe I'm not Jesus, even though I have been told we look alike." Alfred jokes.

"Sorry to brake it to you Alfred, but the only resemblance you have with Jesus is that you both wear socks with sandals." Damon laughed along, it was true though, I've seen Alfred on a day off at the beach and let's just say his fashion choices are questionable.

"At lest I don't wear crocs with socks."  Alfred fires back causing me to collapse on the floor in a heap of laughter.

"Nothing wrong with crocs, Alfred. They are by far the comfortable and convenient shoe out there. In fact surgeons where them in theatre because they are easy to clean." Damon try's to defend himself.

"Whatever you say sir." Alfred says finishing the argument. "Anyway, back to the question at hand, miss are you going home today?" He asks me as I regain my composure. Other people may see that as mean or rude, but I know Alfred he would never be rude to even his worst enemy.

"I was thinking about it, Mikes back home now, and you know what he's like trying to fend for himself." I say and they nod in unison.

"If you don't want to go, you don't have to. Your welcome here for as long as you like." Damon tells me.

"Thanks, you guys are the best and always know how to cheer me up, but it's time to face what I ran away from in the first place."

"Ok, but we are driving you back. Alfred will drive your skyline and your coming in grace." Damon commands leaving no room for arguments.

Grace is the name of Damon's favourite car, it's an all black Ferrari 488 GTB with black rims as well. To say he gets girls with that will be an understatement, I bet he could get all men with that car if he wanted as well.

"Great, I'm not giving up a chance to ride in grace." I say making him smile, I'm feeling lucky so I add "There isn't a chance I can drive, is there?"

"No!" He replies instantly causing me to laugh, he is so protective. "As much as I love you, I love grace more. Also I could never let her have the slightest chance of getting even scratched!" He adds.

"Fine, but we better get going. If I leave Mike alone for one more night he will probably burn my house down!"

With that we all left, before I even got in grace, Damon made me put plastic shoe coverings over my feet to 'protect his carpet'. At that point I was seriously thinking of booking him an appointment with a therapist.

As we drove away from the house, I said a silent goodbye to my sanctuary for the last two days. This gets me thinking about why I came here in the first place.

A single tear slides down my cheek but that is all I let fall. I won't cry, I won't let tears fall over a boy and that was a promise I made myself years ago after I saw the state of Hannah after her first boyfriend dumped her over text after one year of dating.

Damon looked over to me and with one hand on the wheel, he use the other to wipe the tear from my cheek.

"You can always stay I you need more time, you know I don't mind." Damon offered me.

"No, it's ok. If I don't go back now, I never will." I say glancing out the window at the vast, clear ocean.

Damon doesn't push the subject any further and just nods an focuses his attention on the empty road.

That's what I like about Damon, he knows when to push and when to just let it go. I told him the whole story last night when we were eating dinner. He just sat and listened carefully which made me grateful  to have a friend who knows when to talk and when to just listen.

I look out the window as we drive and try to think about how I'm going to tell Mike without him freaking out and storming over to George and punching him over and over again until even I can't notice him.

Oh god help me!
----------------

2 hours later we arrive in front of my house, I took a beep breath in before opening the car door. I look back at Damon who gives me a reassuring smile and the thumbs up before literally pushing me out the car. I catch my self before I face plant the concrete.

"Now get in there and explain to your brother why you spent the night at mine!" Damon yells at me.

"Jurk." I mutter under my breath but loud enough for him to hear.

"What was that?"

"Nothing." I say innocently with a grin on my face.

"Sure, I'll be in soon. I want to finally meet Mike after all this time of hearing about him."

With that he speeds of in his flashy car to park it in the safest place he can fined since Alfred parked my car in the space outside my house.

I walked up to the door and started to put my key in the look when I heard talking. Curiously I unlock the door an push it open as quietly as possible. Still it made a bang that could be heard throughout the house.

"Phebs?" Came Mikes voice from the living room.

"Yeah, it's me." I start walking to the living room, "look I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but I had reasons."

And with that I rounded the corner into the living room and instantly frowned. I saw Mike in the middle of the room, but that didn't make me sad. No it was the weasel standing behind him that made me angry.

"How dare you come into my house, you lying, manipulative scum!" I yell at you-know-who. I refuse to even say his name.

"Phebs lis-" he began, but I cut him off.

"No, you don't get the right to talk to me!" I yell even louder making him take a step back and look at his feet like they were the most interesting things in the world.

"Hey, what's all the yelling about?" Damon says as he enters the room.

He looks at George and then to me with raised eyebrows as if to ask me if it was him. I nodded my head once an that's when all hell broke lose. I stood there just watching feeling paralysed but vengeful all at once.