chapter 16: long time friends

I was sitting on a wall watching the children play in the sand and the waves crash against the beach, I have stayed here for hours just observing and letting my thoughts flow through my mind letting them sort themselves out.

After the first hour I started getting strange looks from passing people, so I went to my car and found my sunglasses right at the back of my glove compartment. However not long after it started to rain which meant people gave me even crazier looks.

I didn't mind the rain, after all I was bought up in England, but it was when everyone started to leave the beach and surrounding areas which made me get up from my spot and return to my car. I continue to listen to the rain, which calm my chaotic mind.

I suddenly recall one of my best friends from here that I met the lest time I ran away a few years ago. Without a seconds thought I pullout of the park and down the road for five minutes, weaving in and out of the streets like I've lived here for years.

I pull up to the massive iron gates, I don't bother with the bell, instead I honk my horn in a sequence three times. Last time I was here we made up a secret pass code since the care taker was too busy to constantly open the gates for me. This way he knows its just me and to let Damon get the door himself.

Just as I'm about to get out and ring the door bell, the gates slowly opened reviling my best friend, Damon, standing in the middle with his arms wide open in the pouring rain. Without a second thought i jumped out and sprinted into his arms letting him hold me and reassure me whilst I let all my emotions out.

"What happened to you?" Damon questions after five minutes of me crying on his shoulder. Just as I was about to answer, he cut me off, " Don't tell me yet, lets get you inside and cleaned up. I'll tell Alfred you're here and to order Chinese for dinner."

I just smile and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. With that we both head towards his mansion of a house.

It is a two story house with a loft, practically making it three storys high, the walls are pure white with bits of traditional oak along the openings of the front of the house. The two visible rooms from the front have huge balconies over looking the slat drive and front garden. The garden circles all around the house with a pool around the back and the perfectly cuts grass stretching the rest of the length. Flowers and bushes line the garden and give it some extra life. Lights are set up at regular intervals along the driveway, leading up to the house.

You see, Damon is the CEO of several successful companies, he even sold some of the pervious companies he owned, which gave him enough money to buy this place, along with several holiday homes. Even though he has houses all over the world, he spends most of his time here, calling it his true home.

We first met five years ago when I ran away after hannah and I had a huge fall out. I was standing on the edge of the cliff not far from here when he suddenly grabbed me and pulled me away from the edge. Later I found out he thought I was going to jump, however the truth was I was just trying

to get to the point where it looks like you are flying. You see i was never going to jump, i just wanted to see what it looked like to be free.

After that he apologised and begged me to let him take me to dinner to say sorry, I eventually agreed and we instantly became friends after that. Once he asked me out on a date, just to try things out, It lasted for a week but then we both decided we were better best friends than in a relationship. Ever since then he was like a big brother and was super protective over me when Mike was away.

As we approach the door, Damon's butler, Alfred greats me with a warm smile a dry towel since I'm soaked to the bone from the rain.

" The Chinese is on the way and I've set up your regular room ms."

" Thanks Alfred, you're the best!" I say as he starts to lead the way to my room. Damon follows closely behind me, until his phone rings.

" Sorry, why don't you have a shower and get changed and ill meet you in the dinning room for dinner." Damon says to me.

"Ok, and thanks Damon, your the best."

"Anything for you." he said as he gave me a quick hug and turned around to walk away.

I get to my room and thanks Alfred for walking me to my room, even though to knew this house just like it was my own. I still appreciated the gesture since it made me feel wanted and loved. You see he may be a butler, but he is always how I imagined my dad would be like if he was still alive.

I walked in to my room to find it near enough exactly how I left it last time I was here. The light grey walls and white curtains give me a sense of calmness, and the king size bed looks like the most comfortable place in the world. There is a bathroom attached to the bedroom to the left hand side of the room. Also the balcony outside of the two french doors has a perfect view of the beach.

I grab a clean white towel from the near by closest and make my way to the bathroom to clean up before dinner. As the hot water runs down my body, my thoughts of George making out with Jess return to my mind. I knew we weren't offishly together, but it still feels like he was cheating on me.

The worst thing is that no matter how much my brain hates him, my heart will always love him, no matter how much I wish it didn't.