Chapter 14: how could he?!

I wake up to the sunlight streaming threw my bedroom window, lighting up the whole room. I try and rub my eyes from sleep but I'm met with considerable pain as I just skim my hands over the skin. That when I remember the events of yesterday.

I get up to look in the mirror at my nose and my eyes widen at the sight. My nose is black and blue and is the size of an avocado. The bruising takes up most of my face, but the bone itself looks straight, which is the main thing.

I look away and instantly make my way down stairs to get an ice pack for my nose to allow the swelling to go dawn. When the cool ice hits my face, it's like the pain slowly dims away. I sigh in relief and decide to make breakfast.

I make egg, bacon and toast enough for two people and a little extra because I'm starving. Just as I'm about to plate up the food, my brother comes charging into the kitchen. I look at him with shook, but his gaze is plastered on the bacon in the pan behind me. I roll aye eyes at him, men never change.

"What you cooking?" Mike asks as I turn around and plate up the last of it.

"Bacon, eggs and toast. You want some?" I ask handing him a plate that he grabs instantly from my hand making me chuckle at him.

"Why are you so hungry, didn't you eat last night?" I ask as I take a seat opposite him at the table.

"Yea, but you cooked bacon, how do you expect me to react?" He says in a joking manor.

I laugh at him and we continue to eat in silence, too Interested in our own food to manage to maintain a conversation. I catch him glancing at me every so often and I can see the questions he wants to ask.

"What happened?" He asked finally.

"Well I turned up and got hurt then they asked if I could do a retrial and I said yes." That's all I said knowing he wanted more details.

"And? You can't just tell me that, I need the details!" He yelled with wide eyes, knowing I did it on purpose.

"Ok, you want the whole story?" I ask trying to delay the story, but nothing was going to get me out of this one. Mike can be real stubborn sometime, especially when it comes to harm from me.

"Of course." He said pushing me to tell the story.

I told him everything, I even told him how Hannah had pushed me accidentally then helped me try and play to the best I could. Even if I wanted to lie to him or leave a detail out, I know he would know. I mean I grew up with the guy, he knows me too well.

"Wow, and are you ok now?" He asked with a concerned look.

"Yes, except for the pain, I'm fine. I have broken my nose before. It's practically curtain when you play rugby." I say to reassure him I'm fine.

"Have you told George yet?" He asks.

"No, I was going to go around his house today to tell him. I was too tired last night, plus I think I should tell him face to face." I say explaining myself. He just nods in response.

After breakfast, I head upstairs to get ready whilst Mike just lounges about. I have a shower to refresh myself then decided to get dressed. I choose a plain white top with black jeans and combat boots, deciding to stay casual. Since it's warm outside, I decide to leave my jacket here.I leave my hair down and just brush it quickly, leaving it in its natural wavy curls.

I grab my car keys and head to my black Nissan skyline outside. When I get to my car, I put my aux cord in my phone and shuffle my playlist. One of my favourite songs come on, 'paint it black' by Andy black, his new album is my new favourite.

I start to sing along, until I reach George's home. I park my car outside and hop out. When I get to the front door, it's ajar. I carefully open it and look around try to spot George.

"George?" I yell throughout the empty house.

All I get in response is a faint grunts from upstairs. Deciding to investigate, I head upstairs and follow the noise that leads me to the bedroom. I scrunch my face up in confusion, and hesitate to open the door. I slowly turn the door knob and open the door.

My mouth drops open and I stare in horror at the sight in front of me. George is half naked on the bed with a topless girl underneath him. As I look closer, I see its Jess, from the cafe, the one who was only meant to be him 'family friend'. I snap out of my daze when they move apart, just as I'm about to run out, George calls my name.

"Phoebs?" He asks and I watch in horror as his face suddenly changes from shocked to guilt in a second.

Before he can say anything else, I sprint out of the house. I can hear George calling my name, but before he can explain, I'm in my car and pulling away from the house. I speed down the road, not caring where I'm going.

I drive and drive and drive, until I come to my destination. I park my car. It's then that it all hits me and I brake down in my car far away from home.

---------------
AN

So sorry guys for the long wait. But I've finally finished exams so I will be updating once a week if not more.

I'll put up another chapter today just to say sorry again!

Thanks for reading!

Vote, comment, fan