Chapter 4

Kylie's POV

I stepped out into the cool summer night air and strolled aimlessly towards the gym. I stuck my hands in my jacket and continued to walk up the surprisingly quiet streets. For some reason no one was out, oh well, easier for me. I looked up into the sky and stared at the glistening stars and constellations. Because there weren't many street lights around this area the sky was usually clear but for the couple years of living here. I've never noticed how beautiful it was. Huh, who would have thought a place like this could have some hidden beauty.

I stopped at the gym doors and picked the key from my pocket (Mario gave me a spare key so I can come here anytime I needed to) I unlocked the door and walked in, my footsteps echoing in the dark. 

The gym was actually pretty big and spacious. Kinda like it just came out of a Rocky movie, I went into the back room and grabbed as many blankets and pillows I could hunt down and threw them all into a duffle bag that was lying around and headed out. I really need to get home fast because I don't really trust the guys home alone. I was about to step out of the back room when I noticed something on the coffee table. It was a black wallet with my initials in the corner. Oh that's where I left it

I grabbed my wallet and looked inside it, twenty dollars. That's enough money to buy pizza for the guys right. I mean, there's hardly anything in the kitchen so might as well.

I locked up the gym and headed for a take out place, I can't believe I left my wallet here again. I should really look after my stuff! Well, at least the gym is mostly deserted, its mostly just me, Mario, a few other students and Alex, a teacher in training.

As I payed for the relatively cheap pizzas I had time to think about the boys. I know for definite that Nash was there, but I didn't see Hayes. Well, in my defense, their was like ten guys in one room so I'm sorry if I missed out Hayes. I really miss Hayes, he was my bestfriend! He was closer to me than my own family were.

Before I knew it I was at my door, I grabbed my key from my pocket and opened the door with ease. Finally. When I walked in all the guys eyes went on me. They were crowding one of the guys who was sitting on the stair case with his face on his hands. I put everything down on the table and walked slowly towards the group. "Whats wrong?" I ask quietly. The guy in the middle looked up, his eyes were bloodshot. "Kylie... do you r-remember me?" he asked whilst getting up and hesitantly shuffling towards me. I looked into his ocean blue eyes. Is that Hayes? No, it can't be... right?

"Hayes?" I said more like it was a question. He nodded slightly and looked down at is feet. I walked towards him and engulfed him into a tight hug, he instantly responded back and quickly snaked his arms around my waist hugged me tighter. "Hayes I'm so so sorry, you look so different and-"

"Its okay Kylie I'm just glad to have my best friend back" our moment was interrupted by one of the boys with sandy blonde hair, "as much as i love sappy moments i really want to eat that pizza and talk with Kylie". We all sat down and got to know a lot more about each other and I like how they sound and by the looks of it they like me as well.  

"I don't know why Cameron never really talked about you" Shawn said.

" I don't really talk about him either, wait where is Cameron?" I only noticed that he wasn't here. Not that i'm complaining.

"He's sleeping in your bed" Jack J said he sounded annoyed. I nodded. That sounds like something Cameron would do.

"Did you two get in a sibling fight or something?" Taylor asked.

"I think Cameron should be the one to tell you guys and not me?" they all nodded and soon after we finished eating and talking they grabbed a blanket and pillow each. "Ya'll can sleep anywhere you want" they nodded and set up there beds, they all layed everything down in front room and started to doze off.

Around five minutes later I heard snores from the boys. That was fast, as quietly as I could I walked upstairs into my room where I saw Cameron in my bed and I rolled my eyes. I walked towards the window and gently slid it open. Next to my window was a flat roof, I stepped onto the roof and layed on my back and looked at the stars.

Not to sound soft or anything but the sky looked completely breath taking, it wasn't a few dim stars spread across the sky, it was like one of those tumblr backgrounds where there are millions of stars and different colors. I usually come up here too think and get away from reality.

"It's beautiful out here isn't it" I sat up and turned around too see Shawn stepping out into the flat roof I was on.

"Couldn't sleep?" I ask. He shook his head and layed down next to me "I saw you go upstairs and I heard the window open, and being the polite Canadian I am I wanted to check on you" I smiled and continued to stare at the stars.

"Well my Canadian friend did you have nights like this up in Canada" I point towards the sky.

"Yep, I also had a thinking place like this one. But only mine was in a tree" we both chuckled. Shawn turned on his side to face me. I did the same.

"So what are you thinking about?" He asked.

"I'm just trying to process everything, school, work, boxing, you guys. I'm just confused"

"Well, if you need anything at all you know where to find me"
"Thanks Shawn, you know, you guys are not what I expected. Your all pretty chill and cool"

"What did you expect"

"To be honest, I expected Cameron clones" we both laughed quietly so we didn't wake anyone up.   

It was silent for a few minutes. Not awkward silence but comfortable silence. Then Shawn spoke again.

"So you and Hayes hit it off well" I looked at him and saw him wiggle his eyebrows. I rolled my eyes playfully. "Me and Hayes were best friends back in Virginia. But I left with out saying good bye and we lost contact"

"Well, your both here now, and I ship you both" I laughed gently pushed his arm.
"In your dreams Mendes"

"I'm planning on making that dream a reality. Now if you excuse me I'm going to be dreaming a ship name for it" He stood up and helped me to my feet. I gave him a hug and he accepted it and hugged me back, "thanks for the talk Mendes" I smiled when we let go of each other. "No problem mini Dallas" we both went back threw the window and back downstairs where the boys were in deep sleep. 

"Night Dallas" I heard Shawn whisper from the other side of the room, "Night Mendes" I whispered back. I got out a thin blanket and a pillow and layed down next to Hayes.

So tomorrows Saturday and I have to work a few shifts. Woo, I'm so excited (*find the sarcasm*) and I might go to the gym because Alex and Mario should be there training. Soon I slowly drifted off to sleep and forgetting all my tomorrow stresses.

I wonder why they all came here anyway, why didn't I ask?

Before I could answer my own question I fell into deep sleep.