Chapter 22

Hayes POV

"I'm not saying yes, but I'm not saying no" then she left...

Me and Nash sat there awkwardly. No one talking, we were both just staring at the open door and empty hallway. 

"So that went well" Nash said. I glared at him and walked out in the direction of Kylie. "What?" I heard him call after me. I heard a distinct slam of a door closing from the opposite end of the hallway. She went upstairs. I headed towards the stairs but as I put my hand on the poorly painted banister a hand held my other wrist.

"Yo Haysie come with me" Matthew said. He dragged me outside before I could reject him. The bright sun light blinded me as we ran outside and towards all the guys still attempting to climb the fence or jump off of it. "Yall cant even climb a fence" I laughed at them from the other.

"Excuse me but I think I'm doing really damn well" Taylor said from the top of the fence. One foot dangling down in each side.

"Okay then try to get down" Shawn said from the ground. He had obviously given up and chose too cloud watch. I looked around, "where's Camero-" loud footsteps and a door hitting a wall echoed around us.

Cameron stomped over to us. His hands in his pockets and death staring the floor. He didn't look happy. With out acknowledging us he crawled under a hole in the fence. 

"Wait there was a hole?!" Taylor stared at the hole in disbelief. I cupped my face in my hands. We could've gone through that damn hole!  

"Idiots" I heard Cameron mumble quietly to himself, still seething with rage. 

.   .   .

"But we don't have the cars... yes both of th-... no it wasn't our fault!" Nash talked through the phone. He was taking to Bart about the 'arrangements'

"Yes I understand that...well what do you want me to do?... You cant ground me I'm an adul... okay fine just when are your getting here?" We were all listening to his conversation or in our own little conversations but I zoned out and listened to the banging from Kylie's room directly over us. What is she doing?

"K bye" Nash hung up the phone whilst our managers voice still continued to bellow through the it and put it in his pocket. He clapped his hands and looked at us all, "good news or bad news?"

"Bad news" Gilinsky and Aaron said at the same time. "Okay good news it is" he paused giving a cheeky smile at the scowling Aaron and Jack G. "Bart is on his way and the bad news is that he had grounded us... we're not allowed to drive now so that's great" and with that he flopped down between Carter and Matt. We were all in little conversations about what we'll do once we get back. Matt and Shawn were talking about all the sights they'll show Kylie and Nash was on about how things would be like old times but I wasn't really paying attention. 

I was looking at Cameron. He was looking at the armrest, his fists were clenched and his neck bulged a bit. That happened when he was tense. Don't ask me how I know I just know.

There was a loud thud from up above but I seemed to be the only one who noticed it. I got up from the seat next to Shawn and walked upstairs towards her room. No one seemed to notice or care so I wasn't asked any questions.

.   .   .

"Kylie. Promise. I mean after all you do owe me. You did put me through a lot of confusion and not to mention an emotional rollercoaster in the space of a few days" I stared at her back and hair flowing in tune with the breeze. I'm pretty sure she'd reject the question but eventually she nodded. Without hesitation I asked my first question. Not the main one I wanted to ask her but I still asked anyway.  

"Why did you change for these people? One minute your all hardcore and the next your the old Kylie Dallas"

"I had to. Everyone here is hard core, they wont hesitate to kill you right there in broad daylight. That's what drove most of the adults away, they either hide away or move away. These people aren't to be messed with and believe it or not I didn't want to be there next victim. So I changed" she answered without looking at me. Instead looking out into the town. I felt sorry for her. She had to go through all this alone. She had to change everything about her and I can tell she hates every second of it.

"I saw you through something out your window. What was it?"

"Something I'm not proud of anyway what's up with Carter? Why does he hate me?"

She rushed out the first part of her answer. I guess it wasn't important. "He's a kiss ass. He practically worships him, I mean, say if Cameron hated another viner. Then Carter would make sure that viner would fall and crumble" I rolled my eyes at my own comment. Don't get me wrong I love Carter, but he makes me cringe how hard he tries to be Cameron.

"Why didn't you tell me about your mom?" I wanted to sound as serious as possible. I needed to know! She took her time to answer. "Kylie you don't hav-"

"It wasn't your problem" she said plainly. The way she said it got to me. I want her to feel like she can tell me anything. At this point I had hoped of my seat and sat by her. I debated putting my hand over her back. Wondering if she's putting as much thought into this as me. 

"What? How was it not my problem you're my gir-". Girlfriend... I sighed mentally, she isn't my girlfriend. She's just a friend.

"I didn't want you to worry. Whenever I was with you. Or your family my home problems melted away. And I was being selfish but I didn't want that feeling to change" she rambled. I felt a sharp cold pain in my entire body. She doesn't want me to worry? Is she serious? I spent two long ass years worrying about her and what happened to her. And when I find her like... like this. She doesn't want me to worry!? I took my hand away from her back and tensed up.  

"Did Cameron hurt you?" I tried to hide the anger I was immensely feeling.

She didn't answer but I saw a single shiny tear fall down from her cheek and drop onto her legs.

"Look at me Kylie" More silence. I fucking hate silence!

"For fucks sake Kylie LOOK AT ME!" I forced her to look at me and I studied her face and the sight was unbearable. I made her cry. I made her cry? She hasn't cried in front of me properly since... Cameron

"What happened that night?" I want to help her.

She suddenly wiped her tears roughly with her sleeve. She stood up "I think its time you should leave"

"I'm not leaving unti-"

"LEAVE" she pointed towards the window.

I stood up and left. Banging into her shoulder as I passed her. Why doesn't she let me help her! Cant she see that I care! That I want her to be happy! That I spent two years of my life playing detective and trying to find her and figure out what happened! That I like her! That I fucking love her! And she obviously doesn't care.

I found myself kicking the side of her mattress as hard as I could. I walked out her room and sat on the top of the stairs and put my face in my hands.

She obviously doesn't care. So why should I?

*How are you enjoying the story so far?
*How do you think the story should end?
*What if I made a sequel?

^Older Dallas POV next^